Chapter 11

Kayla pov
( new setup lol )

" Girl no.. Trell lil girlfriend gonna make me fuck BOTH of them up , I'm telling you he's only doing that because of that bitch" Yas yelled unto the phone.

Lemme catch y'all up on what's been happening. Latrell cut me and Yas off. He said he needs to focus on basketball and shit like that. I get it he's been slacking in basketball yeah but you cut off someone who's been there for you since the diaper days but keep a bitch who ain't and will never be shit ? I really feel like Stacy is making him do this..

I'm more hurt than ever because my first ever crush and my BESTFRIEND aren't even that anymore. Yes I still think about all of our fun times we've had but it just makes me more sad. Also over the months me and Toosii gotten real close. We talk every single day and everything. He's literally the sweetest thing ever.

" Bitch are you ready? I'm not bout to beat you to school again ." Yas mumbled.

" I been ready, see you at school love you." I quickly hung up.

I looked real bummy but I really don't care. The person I used to impress isn't even worried about me anymore so why should I care ?

" KEVINNNNN LETS GOOOOOO!! " I busted in his room.

" First of all bitch knock before busting in here like you the kool-aid man and second Markie coming to get me . If that's okay with you ?" He walked up putting his hand on my shoulder.

I just rolled my eyes, walking out his room. I seen my mom sitting on the couch watching Criminal Minds.

" Uhh sis it's 8 o'clock you don't get off until 9 what you doing here ?"

" Sis my muthafuckin ass .. I do have days off."

" Oop okay miss ma'am well I'm off to school and Kevin leaving with Markie. See you later love you." I gave her a kiss on the cheek.

She pulled me down by my ponytail that has to her level .

" Next time you curse in my house like that again Ima beat yo ass. You ain't too old to get an ass whopping miss MAAM. Now get yo ass to school."

I looked at her crazy because I didn't even curse. As i was heading to my car I seen everybody leaving they house too. Of course all the kids on the block was waiting for the bus. I spoke to a couple of them. I used to hang out with all of them but they were interested in the streets while I was interested in school. We had 2 different mindsets. Still love all them but I can't get into what they into.

I just shook my thoughts and headed to school. The
ride was pretty quick since I didn't have Kevin making me stop every 5 minutes. I pulled into the student parking and headed straight to class. I looked down at my phone and seen I had a text from Toosii.

Toosii 🤫💘

Good morning beautiful have a good day at school. Tmp when you out.

good morning 🥺 and okay i will ! have a good day toot 🤣.

Wat I tell you bout that shit bruh 😒

I didn't text back , he doesn't know I left him on read anyways. I walked into my first period with a huge smile but that quickly turned into a frown because Yas wasn't in her seat.

Bestiee 🤍

ik you didn't tell me to be on time and you're not even here 😐... wya bitch ?

GIRL !!! After you hung up I took my ass back to sleep, i'm just not coming because i don't feel like it . 

" Dawg I'm about to be lonely as fuck today." I mumbled putting in my headphones and sitting at my desk.

3 hours later

It was time for lunch but I wasn't about to sit at no table by myself so I walked the halls until lunch was over. I walked past the gym and seen Trell doing some basketball shit. We made eye contact and I quickly broke it with an eye roll and walked away.

" Man KAYLA COME HER ! LEMME TALK TO YOU REAL QUICK!" I heard him yell but I ignored him , quickly turning into the restroom.

" Mmcht Kayla ... Bring yo ass out that bathroom."

I took 2 deep breaths before walking out the restroom and looking him in the face.

" What do you want? " I spoke with attitude laced in my voice.

" It's yo lunch time why ain't you with Yas? What she ain't here?

I just nodded my head and tried to walk away but he grabbed my arm.

Gosh the butterflies .. No you're still mad at him.

" Oh my gosh what ? I thought you cut me off? Go talk to ya lil girlfriend or whoever she is. You're sooo dumb honestly."

" How am I dumb ? " He asked with a silly look on his face.

I chuckled before saying " LATRELL ARE YOU BLIND? YOU CUT ME AND YASMIN TWO PEOPLE WHO WAS YO FRIENDS WHEN YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WAS DOWN BAD!!! WHEN NOBODY SUPPORTED YOUR BASKETBALL DREAMS WHO WAS THERE ???!!! WE WERE! You left us for a bitch who don't give no fucks about you nor ya well being. She's probably planning on back dooring you right now. You're were so blind you didn't even notice I liked you but I'm so done with you dawg. It's been a month since you spoke to me or Yas but that's coo because since you coo without us in yo life we coo without you in ours. "

I looked around and seen lots of students looking in shocked, laughing, recording, etc but I don't care because it was really a weight lifted off my shoulders. I ignored all the stares and continued to class with my headphones in. Waiting for the day to be over...

End of the day

School was a literal mess after me and Latrell altercation. Everybody kept asking me what was happening, it was getting real annoying honestly. Now I'm pulling into my neighborhood , seeing Kash and Seven sit on his moms porch.

" Yo Kayla ! Me and Seven's anniversary this Saturday and we're having a family dinner. This is my invitation to you. I'll text you details." He winked at me. I'm already knowingggg

" Okay I'll be there. Y'all both stay safe. Love y'all." Giving them both hugs before walking across the yard to my house.

I unlock the door and seen my mom sleep on the couch, pulled her throw blanket over her before heading upstairs . I remembered to text Toosii but I wasn't in the mood to be bothered. I put my phone on dnd and started to slowly doze off.

Damn today was a long ass day...