Chapter 17

Omniscient

Kayla spent all last night and this morning stressing about what her and Latrell was going to talk about.

It was Monday so her suspension finally started. Ms.J was at work. She had been doing that a lot lately.

" KEVVINNNNNN ." Kayla let out a loud scream.

" Girl stop doing all that fucking yelling. What the hell do you want ? "

" I need to talk to you."

Kayla could always talk to Kevin about her problems. He was her other half.

" Whadup gang?"

" Why don't you like Nau'jour? I really like him and you and the boys are always talking to him crazy."

" I don't know about them niggas but I don't like him because he's not LJ. " Kevin shrugged

Confusion was plastered on Kayla's face. She never understood why everybody wanted her and Latrell together so bad.

Even though she wanted to be with him too.

" But I've finally found someone who makes me happy and can listen to anything I have to say."

" LJ can do the same thing. Kayla I'm rey spit some real hood nigga shit to you."

Kayla made herself comfortable to her what her little " big " brother had to say.

" You and LJ have a connection that no other nigga you fuck with will replace. Ion know too much bout relationships and shit like that but y'all two got is something I want. Yall going through shit what other friendship don't have fuck ups? But you ignoring him when he said he NEEDS you? That's childish Avani."

Kayla knew this talk was serious because he only uses middles names when he real serious.

" Y'all been friends since y'all was babies. Your first fight was defending him. I see you still wear the necklace he got you."

Kayla looked down her necklace. She never took it off. The day she got it she promised him she will never take it off.  Since that day she never took it off.

" I see it , momma sees it, Yas sees it , and the gang sees it. Y'all need each other. I think it's deeper than what y'all both think. "

With that Kevin got up from the spot he was sitting and walked out her room.

" Oh also you've really been slacking on yo youtube shit. You haven't posted since yo birthday which was damn near a month ago. I seen et shit doing number prada you lil sis."

Kevin also told Kayla what's right and what's wrong. Even with him being the youngest he still experienced more shit than she's ever seen.

He feels like he needs to protect her at all times. Kayla always knew Kevin was the glue to her life.

€€€

School was out which means 9 o'clock is approaching. Kayla knew Latrell had practice so she had enough time to get her words together.