Malicious

Wang Yibo's POV:

"Boss" Jun knocks at me door only to look extremely gloomy "Just received Dr. Suk's report. Says there was no bullet to be found inside the deceased's body".

"What?" It was almost a yell. Fuck.

Grabbing my jacket from the seat, I gesture Jun to follow me and we drive to the doctor's lab. On reaching, we show our IDs and walk into his private office. A moment later the door opens and we find Dr. Suk placing a file in my hand "This contains every single details about the deceased. Unfortunately there isn't much to find out though. He was an immigrant worker who was in this country illegally and thus not much paper work could be found. As I informed Officer Jun, the bullets were also not to be found".

"Dr. Suk, can we have a look at the body?" I enquire and with a sigh he nods "Ofcourse, follow me. It's rather strange that I was so sure as of last night that the bullet had to be inside the body itself. There was no escape wound on his back. Even my junior assistants were perplexed" we enter the morgue "here we are" he pulls out the body.

Jun and I both examine the deceased. Jun's eyes meet mine. It was a subtle dejection. Where could have the bullet disappeared to?

"I'll keep this body in our custody few days until you don't need it anymore. As for the reports, you have them" his phone rings "well I need to take this. If you boys need my help, do let me or my team know" with a small bow he leaves and Jun places the body back inside.

As we move towards the parking lot, it was Jun who spoke up first "Boss, all this makes no sense. I understand that maybe the immigrant did this for money but the more I think about this situation, one can definitely assess that our opponent is not a person of inferior knowledge. He has money, he has power and he for sure is a mind player. He chooses his pawns carefully. Ones who has no paper trail on them. He uses weapons that are top notch. Boss" he pauses as he bites his lip "he knows our every move. He's closer to us than you think".

"Jun" I warn and he sighs " Boss, Chief has been attacked. Vice has been attacked. You have been attacked and let's not forget the common point has been Zhan. Sean, Drew and I are the only ones who are safe. The precinct knows our schedules. We need to be prepared" he looks away and I understood his concern.

The precinct is an extended family and the boys are tight as bunch. If one of us is hurt, it would be a war declared on all of us. He was right. None of us were safe. Before I could console him my phone rings and it was Zhan. I smile. It's been an entire day for these eyes hasn't seen him.

Jun smirks and I roll my eyes at him.

"Zhan" my voice is warm but not his. He was frantic. A voice that I seldom heard from him "Come home quickly and get the boys. There is something you all need to see!" before I could question further, he cuts the call and my fingers quickly dial Drew's "Where are you and Sean?"

"Boss, we're at the precinct with Chief. What happened?" He enquired and I instructed them to reach Zhan's place ASAP. In the meanwhile, Jun drives us back and all I could think was of the man who came to be one of my closet friends.