Confession

Xiao Zhan's POV:

I knew he isn't asleep but as long as his eyes are closed it gives me few precious moments to gaze at him adoringly. Dear BoBo, I don't know what the future has in store for us or the next time we meet eachother, would be under what circumstances, but know that I trust you. Only you.

Glancing at the clock on the wall I knew my time was almost up. Caressing his cheeks softly, with one last kiss on his lips and a lingering one on his forehead, without turning back, I leave.

I still had an hour more with me

I still had an hour more with me. Walking into my office, checking my email, I smile. The papers were delivered to my email and by afternoon the hardcopies would be delivered to the boys. Ms. Banks as always has done a phenomenal job in such short notice.

Fishing out my phone I call the man whose friendship, brotherhood and comradeship means the world to me. "Hello" hearing him grumble I grin "Jiggly Poo" at that as expected he growls "If you're calling me this early in the morning just to tease then I am cancelling the call."

"You were sleeping?" I enquire "it's past 7am Jiggly Poo. What kept you awake?"

"Fuck you" he grumbles "I just came back home. Had a meeting with our Russian counterparts. Unlike someone I know who can work without sleep, I need mine" he yawns and somewhere that made me feel guilty. He has always been an workaholic.
"Why are you calling me this early in the morning?"

"Ah yes, to ask you if the contact lenses that I ordered, have they been delivered?" Looking around my office I couldn't find them. "Yes they have been. They're with uncle downstairs. I'll ask him to deliver it upstairs." He yawns again and I sigh at his nature. "Don't worry I'll collect it." He hums at that and something made me want to tell him my heart's desire. I am unsure if I'd get another chance.

"JC"

"Hm?"

"Adrian is a good guy. You should date him" I wait for his response but get nothing in return. "You there?" I probe and hear him sigh "Yeah."

"Why aren't you saying something?" I enquire and he grumbles "Well this is an absurd conversation for me this early morning. What do you want me to say?"

"Say you'll date him!" I nag and grin when he huffs. Knowing what I am about to say next would convey my seriousness to the matter, I whisper "Jiang Cheng, thank you for being there with me when there was no one. I love you." I knew my words would have significant effect on him. Language has never been a barrier between us and never before have I told him 'I love you'. This is it. He knows.

"Fine I'll date him, but under one condition" he pauses and my heart thunders "only if he is successful in saving your ass. You come back to me safely and I'll pay heed to your words but..." his voice becomes coarse and I know he's trying to hide his emotions "Zhan, you better not put me through any turmoil. I need my brother."