(Vol1) Act 2

(Fall POV)

I open my eyes after focusing on the mark of the hunter to return to the hunters dream. The first thing that I lay eyes on is the Doll tending to the Flowers.

Fall: "Hello."

Doll: (Turns to Fall and smiles) "Welcome home Fall Hunter, (stands up) what is it you desire?"

Fall: "Nothing at all... just always happy to see is all."

Doll: "Of course, I am always happy to see you as well. Gehrman did wish to speak to you."

Fall: "Thank you for informing me... take care."

I walk away from the doll towards the small garden just behind the hunters workshop where Gehrman usually is. Well sometimes he's under the sacred oak tree and when he calls me there well to say the least it scares the hell out of me due to the stories. One weird thing is though in the old hunter journals Gehrman seems to be not mentally sound and even down right creepy, but he has always been a good guide even a father figure to me. It was only the past few hunters before me that inhabited the dream who described him in their journals as mentally sound. I wonder what changed? As that thought crossed my mind I saw Gehrman sitting at his usual spot staring out into the never ending sky of the hunters dream.

Fall: (gives a hunters salute) "Gehrman, you requested to speak to me."

Gehrman: (Turns his wheelchair around to face you) "Indeed I did..."

Fall: "Um... Gehrman?"

Gehrman: "Oh sorry I must have drifted off... (chuckles) I haven't had my evening nap yet."

Fall "Of course you haven't old man."

Gehrman: "Follow me child."

Gehrman begins to move his wheelchair down the path to the hunters workshop. He disappeared into the workshop and I followed. He wheels over to the weapons work bench which looks like its been used sense the last time I used it. Gehrman grabbed what looked like a modified version of the staff part of the burial blade and turned back to me.

Gehrman: "Take this child, it will prove far more effective than that old hunk of metal on your back."

I took the one on my back off and put it back on the wall then took the one that Gehrman was giving me. It is much lighter than the original and I noticed at the top were the blade locked in there are a few new mechanisms. At the bottom there seemed to be a new hole.

Gehrman: "You bringing back some of those modern tools gave me some ideas on how to make some of these weapons better and up to modern standards."

Fall: "Thank you, but why?"

Gehrman: "WHY? (excessive laughing) Because you haven't done any modifying yourself so I did it myself."

Fall: "You seem to actually be happier than usual, is because you made this?"

Gehrman: "I do so love building and modifying weapons... I mean, without that passion the original hunters would have never been successful. Anyway the new staff can use dust now."

Gehrman hands me a few vials of dust and I load them into the staff. I turn the Burial Blade into its scythe form and use one of the new triggers on the staff. The blade of the scythe burst into flames. I walk outside of the workshop and start to do tricks with the scythe while taking note that it is much easier to use due to its reduced weight. I hold down the trigger then swing the blade into the air. The outcome surprised me. It sent a wave of fire a few meters into the air then dissipated.

Gehrman: "I may have took some inspiration from the Moonlight sword. Next hold down the other trigger and slam the butt of the staff onto ground."

I followed his instructions and was even more surprised by the outcome. The butt of the staff exploded sending a fire wave out in all directions.