(Vol 2) Act 3

Warning: There is a minor spoiler for the new volume in this act. Super minor but I might as well put a warning. 

(3rd POV)

Fall: "AAAAAAAAAAH!"

Fall charged with his Saw cleaver towards Qrow. With a cocky smile, Qrow side stepped Fall's strike. Fall followed up with blade locking with Qrow.

Qrow: "You've gotten better champ. (Kicks Fall away) But you still got a lot to learn."

Qrow rushed Falls position but was blown back by stunning force and a horrid screech that followed. He quickly recuperated and blocked the incoming attack from Fall.

Qrow: "You know that crazy magic isn't going to save you all the time."

Fall: "If I have it why not use it?"

Qrow: "Then you rely on it. We've seen what happens when you use it too much kid."

Fall paused and to think for a moment. Qrow used that to his advantage and went in for the finishing blow. Fall realized too late and found himself on the ground.

Qrow: "Also you have to stop thinking so much when you fight. You got to let it flow."

Fall: (Rubbing the back of his head) "Yea yea. I know, you've said it a million times.

Qrow: (Getting in Fall's face) "And I'll say it a million more if you don't start listening."

Qrow took out his flask and started to slug it down.

???: "UNCLE QROW!!!"

Qrow nearly choked on his drink before putting it away. He was then quickly tackled to the ground by a young girl with a red cape.

Qrow: "Hey sport! (Choking) Can you loosen your grip on my neck?"

The girl got off of Qrow and he got off of the ground.

Girl: "Uncle, who's that? (Points to Fall) 

Qrow: "One of my students. One of my best students actually."

Girl: (pouting) "I thought I was your best!"

Qrow and the girl started to walk away leaving Fall to think about today's training. He still had three years before he could go to Beacon so he has plenty of time to train. He decides to go into the locker room. Fall puts his weapons away forgetting he could just dematerialize it. He walks over to the sink and looks in the mirror. His long shaggy hair was wet with sweat and his deep scar that ran across his cheek to his ear was clearly visible. He looks down to observe his left hand which is missing two fingers. Going up his hand and arm is a nasty scar from his first Scrouge Beast kill. A lot of people look the other way when he's around. No one likes a scarred up kid. He's already been killed twice now. This is his third body and it most certainly won't be his last. Fall often wondered if it was the bad luck charm that followed him on his training missions or if it is some Hunter curse. He gave up on those thoughts and splashed some water in his face.

(Fall POV)

Fall: (Yawn) "What's happening?"

I look around to see everyone looking at me and laughing. I stiffen in my seat. Looking to my left where Velvet sits she's shaking her head and giggling.

Glynda: "FALL!"

I quickly turn my attention to the front of the combat class.

Fall: "Yes Goodwitch?"

Glynda: "You get to wear what you want in class and practically never have to attend class. Can please stay awake for at least one period?"

I sink in my seat as Coco laughs at me and nudges me with her elbow.