"Homecumming" (Jay Ellis)

"I don't need to go.", I said to myself out loud in the car alone on my way to my high school reunion. I should be excited to take a quick stroll down memory lane into my teen years with faces I haven't seen in so long. However, I'm just as excited as I am apprehensive.

It's just like I remembered. It's funny how it's been 10 years and the smell of this place immediately ignited the nostalgia in my brain. I could close my eyes and swear I was back in the 10th grade. However, there are a few major differences from teenage "Rae-Rae"and 28-year old Raeniece.

Like most high school kids, I had a first love. He was my high school sweetheart. He was the first boy to hold my hand, give me my first real kiss, and the first boy to really . . . love me. I loved him too with everything that consumed me. We almost went "all the way" senior year after prom but we decided to get into a huge fight and break up instead.

The warmth held in the lobby quickly cured my shivers from the cool October air. The heat started to return to my body but yet I was still shaking. It dawned on me that I was shaking from anticipation and nervousness. I was excited to see old classmates and stuff but, I was shitting bricks thinking about seeing Jay again. "Rae & Jay" is what they called us. We were inseperable for all of high school. If anyone would've asked us about marriage, we would undoubtly state that our future together was set in the stars of destiny. That is until prom night. I was super scared and not completely sure if I was gonna go all the way with Jay that night. But I shaved and wore some sexy underwear Jay bought me on my 16th birthday. I never had the heart to model it for him to see this . . . and less.

As I walked into the gym, I had to give myself a double look to see if I was wearing my prom gown. I couldn't help but notice the response I received from some of the guys in high school who wouldn't give me a second look were now choking on their homecoming punch. In high school I was nothing but skin and bones. Now at age 28, I have thickened up in all the right places to say the least. It took a few years but my body finally caught up with the woman inside. My 34D's still perked up with or without a bra. And I don't know if my waist got smaller or my ass got bigger but if someone had the time, they can try to watch this hourglass body all day if they wanted to.

I slowly walked through the party trying not to make eye contact with anyone. I was starting to get that feeling as if it was the first day of school and I knew no one. I B-lined to the snack & beverage table. I went to grab for the punch table and bumped hands with someone. Before my eyes looked up, the kinetic energy emitted from our touch let me know exactly who I was standing next to. My nose slowly took in his scent of fresh Black Soap and Vanilla. It seemed as if my eyes took all day to reach the top of his 6'2" frame. I didn't realize I wasn't breathing until we locked eyes. That is when we both exhaled together.

"Jay.", I mouthed more than spoke.

He licked his lips and said, "Good to see you Ni-Ni."

Everyone called me Rae, but he was the only one to call me Ni-Ni. It gave me goosebumps. The boy I once knew was gorgeous, but the man before me was . . . words can't describe. And with just as much intensity, he stared down at the woman he used to love. For a moment, it was just us. I was teleported back to all the long walks and make-out sessions that kept us young an in love. Then like a punch in the face, I was reminded of prom night. My joy and lust was replaced with hurt and anger. Jay saw the change in my eyes. Before I could storm off, he softly but forcefully grabbed my arm.

"Ni-Ni, what's the problem?", he asked.

"My name is Raeneice. Ni-Ni's the name of a girl who's heart you broke into a million pieces 10 years ago.", I said.

He rolled his eyes and said, "That's always been your problem. Jumping to conclusions and not bothering to hear the facts."

I yelled, "What fuckin' facts Jay?!"