💮Chapter 48: Nakama💮

It's been a few days since I saw Colm swing.

I feel a little bit better after finally seeing him go. It gives me peace of mind that he won't be able to hurt anyone else's family.

Sadie still seems set on her path of revenge. She says she wot rest until the O'Driscoll Gang is nothing but a memory.

I use to want revenge like that. I was mad and angry at being taken advantage of, and being attacked. After I left the gang and focused more on Mohe I realized that I needed to let what happened go.

However, that doesn't mean that I'll let Sadie hunt down those bastards by herself. If she wants to get rid of every single O'Driscoll, I will be right behind her.

I know she would do the same for me.

Everyone is camp is still on edge. With the threat of the Pinkertons, everyone has gone crazy.

Karen's best friend has become a bottle of Brandy, she is always drunk. Sean tries to get her to stop, but she doesn't ever listen.

I can tell that Mary-Beth wants to leave. Every time, I see her a frown is on her face.

It's not just Mary-Beth who wants to leave, most of the girls want to leave. I can't blame them, a gang that is falling apart is no place to settle down.

I walked over to the pot of stew to get a bowl to start the day.

I should go hunting later

I picked up a spoon and started eating. 

"Mmm. Pearson really outdid himself." I sat down at the table in camp, which had more knife marks than usual.

"Y/N?" 

I turned my head to look over at the voice.

"Yeah, Sadie?"

She sat down next to me and looked at me seriously. "I think I found where the rest of the O'Driscolls are holed up."

I put down my spoon and looked at her in surprise. "You found them already?"

"Yeah." She nodded and pulled out a folded piece of paper. "I found a few drunk O'Driscolls while I was in town." She passed me the piece of paper.

The location was written down in nice handwriting. I handed her back the piece of paper. "When are you planning on going?"

"I'm thinking about going tomorrow." She placed the paper back in her pocket. "We can't wait too long, the gang tends to move a lot."

I took a spoonful of soup. "Sure."

She got up from her seat. "I'll see you later, Y/N." Sadie walked away.

The last bit of O'Driscolls. I wonder if I'll see Eddison there. 

"It's looking right atcha, isn't it Y/N?"       

I shook my head to get rid of the memory.

I placed my spoon back in the bowl and started walking to my tent.

It's about time for me to breastfeed them. I walked into my tent and saw my little babies in their makeshift bassinet.

"Aren't you both adorable?" I scrunched up my nose. "And smelly."

I started the undesired task of changing the linen. I carefully unswaddled Angel and Raul, took off the dirty cloths, threw them in the laundry basket, and cleaned them up.

I smiled and kissed their cheeks. "Now you're both squeaky clean." I wrapped them back up and sat down. "Now its lunchtime."

I unbuttoned my top and started breastfeeding. One baby on each nipple.