the one that got away || allen

plot ; in another life, he would make her stay.

tw// death. please skip if sensitive. thank you.

serim greeted allen with a smile when he entered his café holding a bouquet of red roses in his hands

"nice flowers we got there," allen chuckled and sat on the stool near the counter. "what's with the flowers?" serim asked him as he prepare a cup of coffee for allen.

"oh, it's her anniversary today," allen simply answered. serim paused from pouring the brewed coffee and counted with his fingers, "so it's- one two, four years already?" he asked him.

he placed the cup of coffee in front of allen. allen nodded and took a sip of the hot coffee, "yeah, time flies so fast," he said quietly and held the mug tighter.

serim fell quiet as well and gave him a pat on the back. "you should get going, she must've been waiting," he gave him a small smile.

"thanks for the coffee, i'll be going now," he returned the smile and grabbed the bouquet next to him and stood up.

"allen," serim called him, making him stop walking.

"you held it in well. i know she's proud of you up there," serim warmly smiled.

 i know she's proud of you up there," serim warmly smiled

four years ago.

"where did you go?" allen grumpily asked y/n as she threw her designer bag on the couch. "don't ask," she answered shortly, irritating him more.

he rolled his eyes and crossed his arms on his chest qith furrowed brows, "we were supposed to be together in the party! do you know how hard it is to answer--" 

"i don't," she cut him off and stood up from the couch and started walking to her bedroom.

"don't just ignore me!" he raised his voice. she glared at him, "don't raise your voice at me, i had a rough day okay?" she said with impatience.

she slammed the door behind her leaving allen still fuming. he went in front of her door and knocked loudly, "you're not the only one that had a rough day!" he complained.