The Escape and the Confession

The chapter you've been waiting for is finally here! Without further ado, Albus and James's Ultimate Escape is a-go! (Also, this is THE longest chapter in the story so far with 6,061 words, and it alternates between Al's and Severus's perspectives.) Enjoy!

P.S. - There are quotes taken from Chapter 13 (Detention With Dolores) of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Albus Severus Potter was ready.

James Sirius Potter was ready.

Severus Tobias Snape was ready.

They were all prepared to execute what they each deemed to be a pretty badass escape plan. Both Albus and James were excited about it, for they had watched their fair share of jailbreak Muggle movies. Severus was excited about this plan because he finally felt like he was doing something worthwhile (excluding the spywork he currently did). He also marveled at how Slytherin the plan really was.

Albus was holding a small bag which contained the Muggle clothes Snape had given him along with the curricula he was assigned. He also had some books he nicked from the conjured library, not excluding Potion Opuscule. Lastly, he had some vials of Wit-Sharpening Potion and Calming Draught he had brewed last night with Snape's minimal supervision.

James was holding a similar bag with all the things his brother had (minus the books and potion vials). What he had that Albus lacked was a pack of chocolate, remembering how the brothers were told by Snape last night that the ward-breaking spells drained the individual's magic. He remembered learning in second year that chocolate not only helps with recovering from a dementor attack, but they also helped with restoring energy.

Severus had the Time-Turner which transported the boys to this time period in the first place in his drawer and a vial of Dreamless Sleep and of an antidote in his robe pocket. He was secretly dreading going through with his plan on Umbridge's part, for he would have to do some things that were below his standards on romance and seduction. He was only doing it for the sake of the boys' safety, and he would Obliviate the toad afterwards.

All three of them wore determined expressions on their faces, and all of them were feeling giddy anticipation.

"You remember everything you're supposed to do when?" Severus asked.

"Yes, sir," the boys chorused.

"Good," Severus replied. "We shall get started, then." He cast the Disillusionment Charm on Albus and James, and the operation was officially live.

...

Severus led the spawns down the dungeon hall, unsure of what to expect. He and the spawns practiced everything to the last letter, but he had to make sure that everything ran flawlessly, hence the rigorous training. Severus was also hoping that, while he distracted Umbridge, he could get a confession out of her. He had no doubt that the boy was currently suffering from Umbridge's torturous disciplining methods due to the spawns' fear-laced urgency, and no matter how much he hated their father (not as much as before, mind you), he wanted to bring him (and possibly others) justice.

Remember, the safety of the entire Wizarding World depends on the plan's success, Severus reminded himself.

Getting the confession from Umbridge would be easy. It was getting Dumbledore to disclose the location of Number 12 Grimmauld Place that was going to be difficult.

When they reached the gargoyle, he told the boys that one should stand in front of him and the other should stand behind. Once they were in this formation, Severus offered the password (which was still "Pepper Imps") and climbed up the rotating staircase.