Chapter 46

Little Pitt POV years ago (part 1)

I am 15 years old, but my body looks older. Not only I'm bigger, but I'm also stronger than my actual age because I go to fitness every day. I've been hurt by a wild woman when I was only 11. I haven't seen her yet after her last attack which was on my 12th birthday.

As I am cleaning up in the foster care center building, a guy comes inside. He looks at his surroundings like he's lost or something, so I go to him to help him. "How can I help you?" I ask him. This guy scares me a little, but I ignore this feeling.

"Yes, I am here to ask you to work for me," he said seriously. I chuckle nervously.

"Um, why would I work for you?"

"I pay you great money," he said while looking at me in the eyes.

"But," I want to say no, and there is tons of reason why I shouldn't trust this guy. "How?" I ask instead.

"Good, I thought you were going to argue, and I'm not in the mood. My sister is a great lady. You can even get her beside all the money that I would pay you,"

I swallow my spit. "What kind of job is this?" I asked.

"First you need to earn my trust. I know you can do this, but I can't just tell you what to do. I won't," I nod. He makes me feel secure.

"So when am I going to start?" I ask him as he smirks at me. "First I'll ask you to do some other stuff before the main thing, you will start soon," he says to me as he starts walking to the entrance "I'll see you tomorrow," he says right before he leaves the place.

"Oh Pitt here you are," Mrs. Oz calls me. Oh right. I haven't finished cleaning up. I was cleaning up the mess from the gathering the night before.

It's been a while since that day. I've been waiting for any order. At the moment, I'm sitting on a chair in the lobby of the building and drinking water. I had my lunch already.

It's 1:30 p.m, and honestly, I'm a bit bored. Suddenly the door opens, and the guy from a few days ago comes inside. He comes to me and sits beside me. "Are you ready for your first work," he says before taking his sunglasses off of his face. He must be a powerful guy. I don't know!

I almost thought he joked the other day when he came. "Of course, what do I have to do?" I ask him. I don't know what to expect, or why he choose me.

"Good, I need you to kill someone," he said like it is no big deal. Wait for what, kill. Killing someone else, taking someone else's life isn't something I would ever do.

"What, no! Why?" I ask. I have sell drugs before, but it was just a one-time thing. Mrs. Oz says killing people is bad, and those who kill people will have karma. "Mrs. Oz says," I start, but he doesn't let me finish. "I don't care what she says. This is your job. Now don't ask questions. You need to show me your loyalty," he says in a deep voice.

I look at him, and I think how much I want to be as powerful as him, so I say the first thing that comes in my head. "Who?"

"Good boy, kill the lady who cooks," he orders. There are a lot of cooks, so I don't think if one is gone, anything would happen. Chances are no one would even notice it. Plus the lady who he is talking about is an old lady. "How?" I ask. "Use your brain big boy," he says before he leaves the building. Seems like I never get to ask his name.

I will call him the boss for now.

The next day, I go to the kitchen. "Hey, what are you doing here," one of the workers tells me. "Um, I work as a volunteer here. Mrs. Oz asked me to get her something from here," I lie.