Chapter 32

"stop it" I almost yell at him to just stop reading.

"Fine, I won't read, but you gotta give it to the police station if you're not going to read it!

I look at Max in disbelief. "what?" I start, but then we get interrupted by a knock on the door. "Who is it?" I whisper to Max.

"Open the door," it was a very familiar voice of Matt.

We get out of my room on the second floor. Someone keeps knocking the entrance door. What does Matt want? I walk downstairs towards the door and open it before Matt speaks up again. "What do you want?" I ask him sternly.

"Listen, you need to move out," he says. "What, wh..."

Just as I was about to ask him why does he want me to move out, I realized that the garden is basically a crime scene.

"You are right, you could look all you want this place could be a crime scene. "Could be? Sara has been killed!" He says annoyed by the word could that I just used.

"Geez ok," I say before I start walking towards the entrance door to leave. I stop turning in horror remembering about the notebook. Oh my god, the notebook is in my room on the floor. "I know I should have asked you to move out yesterday considering it happen last night," Matt says guiding me outside.

"Wait no, there's something in my room," I say, but Matt doesn't let me go. Instead, he pushes me out of the door. "I'm sure it's nothing important, right?" He says before he chuckles. Only if you knew. "Am I coming to?" Max asks.

Maybe Max is the one who called the police. I mean what if Matt isn't here only to solve Sara's murder.

"Of course," Matt says. Smooth, real smooth, but whatever.

Once Max and I are in the car I frown at Max, "why would you call the cops on me?" I say.

"Do you really want them to forget about Sara. That Sara got shot here?" He replies. There's something in his mind, and I am intending to find what it is. "Sara was an important person. Now a lot of things are going to change," he continues as I let him go ahead. "This is the best time for you and I to find more about Sara!" He finished.

"How do you possibly think we can do that when we have no clue. Not to mention our only source is in my room," I stop myself from further speaking once Max takes the black covered notebook out of his jacket pocket.

"Perhaps I'm not as foolish as you think!" Max says with a smirk. He's actually so clever.

"I never said you are stupid," I reply. I'm not going to tell him that I was underestimating him. Maybe one day, but not today.

"Well, what shall we do?" Max asks expectedly. We're still in the car. Me in the driver seat, and him on the passenger side. "Don't you want to start driving?" Oh my god, can't he be like silent for a while? I glared at him; making him stop.

Finally, after a while, I start to drive. "We go to your place, and read the rest there," I refer to the notebook.

Just then Matt knocks on the car's door. "Why are you still here,"

I don't even look his direction before I get the car out of the park. It's then when Max starts to speak. "So, you are planning on reading this thing,"

"I thought it was your idea," I recall from when he came to my room. "Just because it's your idea doesn't mean it's a bad one," I wink making him wince from my comment. "You know I don't mean to offend," I add trying hard not to roll my eyes. "I mean you are my... Oh look here we are," lucky we get to Max's before I say more.

"What did you want to say?" Max asks me. We just got in his place. Oh, thank god I didn't get to finish what I was saying. It was going nowhere. "Come on, I know you wanted to say something serious back a few moments ago,"

"Well, let's start reading the diary," I cut him off.

"I'm positive that was not what you were about to tell me," he says while pouting his lips in confusion.

"Whatever puts you in peace" I reply before expanding my hand to him. "The notebook please," I request him. He gets himself comfortable before he takes the notebook outside of his jacket once again giving it to me. Once I grab on it, I smile to myself. This is for good, I remind myself silently before opening a random page.

"Diary Entry

Julia is the woman who is the reason for every unfortunate thing that happened in my life including my life. I mean she is my mom. I hate it. She is just using me. Julia, I know somehow, somewhere for someone you will get caught. You can say that you will hide and escape from the police all you want. I'm sure you will get arrested. The question is how. Do I die before it happens or will I see when you get under arrest? Even Jason is behind the bars! Julia, I hate you, and I hate everyone who is stopping me from having a free will. I know I should be glad to be alive, but really I am not! You can't make me kill Avar. Your threads won't work this time. I might put some show on before I tell her everything, but I will tell her everything. I can't handle it anymore...
I'm so thankful to have you my dear black diary. "

By the time I read the whole entry, my face is soaking wet. I kind of understand it now. Julia is Sara's mom. I don't know about her father, but Julia is also my Jason, my father's, sister.

"You are crying," Max asks me while wiping his own tears. I chuckle. He is really my brother.

"Sara was our cousin," Max and I say it together.