Chapter 35

Avar POV

"Give me that diary," mentor repeat when I don't do anything. That's right I only look him in the eyes for a brief second.

"I was the target," I finally say while putting the notebook on his palm. I feel like I want to melt on the floor. Why is he staring at me like I've done something bad, and now he's punishing me for it? I had to speak up.

"Let's see, if there's nothing important in here I'm going to..."

"There is," I say not letting him continue

He grabs the notebook before he starts reading to himself. I can see his facial expression changes with every entry he reads. I can't finger what he's thinking.

After going through every page of the diary, the mentor put a small, sad smile on his face before looking at me. "I understand you want to figure this out, but you are still out!"

What? Is he freaking serious! I look at him with anger in my face. "Why?" I ask. All I was hoping was that he'd change his mind once he reads everything.

"I don't need to explain to you," he said sternly. He put the notebook in his brief before he walks toward the door. I only look at him in disbelief. He doesn't turn to me. He doesn't talk to me. Matt gets to the door. The mentor whispers something in Matt's ear before he leaves.

After moments Matt comes where Max and I standing. He stops once he was close to both of us. "Julia has escaped. I'm sure you know who Julia is," he informs us.

"Why are you saying this to me? You heard the boss. I'm out!" I reply curious.

"I heard. I just don't know why but," he stops to think about his next word. "The boss just told me to let you know,"

Aha, so I'm not really out. Maybe! "Why did he ask you to inform me about such a thing?" Ok, he might tell me that he doesn't know why, but he can at least give his opinion to me.

"Honestly? I guess he just wants to test you. This is more personal for you than just a job. He probably wants you to be free to do something about this case. I'm not allowed to tell you this, but as much as you want to be in this case, he wants you to be to. He just can't trust you now with all the new information unless you give him a good reason to by proving your loyalty. That you are not with bad guys," he says before he walks away.

He walks away probably because he doesn't want to give more information to me than he already did. He knows well that I can make him talk so of course if I was him I would do the same. I would walk away.

"So what are you going to do knowing that Julia is free?" Max asks, taking me back to reality.

"Nothing!" I reply.

"Your face says otherwise," he thinks that he can make me say that I'm making a plan. Well, he's wrong.

"Do you think I mind what you think?"

"I don't know? Do you?"

Of course, I do, but he doesn't need to know that. I walk to the study room. I know he's following me. I need to think of something to do. Julia is obviously smart.

"Hello, why you are not answering me?" he asks whilst following me. "Where are you going?"

I don't answer. I don't have to answer. I need to know where is Julia. I go where crime books are, and start looking. I am trying to think like Julia. Suddenly an idea comes to me. Yea that's right.

"Where is my phone?" I ask.

"What? What do you...?"

I find the phone and call the number before he continues.

"Who are you..." He starts to question again, but I don't listen, when someone answers.

"Well, well, look who is calling?" Julia answers with her disgusting voice.

"You think you are clever. Maybe you are, but guess what? So am I," I reply.

"Where are you?" We ask each other at the same time. I knew she's looking for me.

"It's funny, you are funny," she says. Funny? "You think I would give you my address? No, I won't. You, on the other hand, would tell me where you and your brother are!" She adds. Ok, two can play. Good thing I disable location from my phone so there's no way she can find where I am calling from.

"You are right, it is a funny situation, but I am not going to give you my location," I tell her.

"I only know one thing. You can not be in your place because I am here, but perhaps you are at Max" she laughs. "Because there's no other place. At least I don't know any,"

Oh ok, so she knows where Max's home is! "You are our aunt,"

"Who told you that shit," she yells. Her voice telling me that she really didn't want me to know.

"It doesn't matter. You want to kill me anyway," I say. Looking at Max, a unique idea comes in my mind. "You can try coming to Max's, but I'm not here," I challenge her.

Max gives me a confused look, so I mouth him it's Julia. Why I let him know? Well, I don't actually know my guts told me he could help me. He walks to the door and locks the door before returning. Then he mouths me, "let the adventure begins,"

"I'm going to him now. If you are not there then I would go to the police, but you are in there," I chock knowing full well that she could be at the gate any minute now considering that my place is only 15 minutes driving away from here. "Which means I can easily kill you," I hang up the phone and run to the basement. Max following me.

"Pretend I'm not here. She's going to be here any second now,"

"You seriously believe what she says?"

"Just trust me and go up to the main floor. She's going to knock let her in. Let her go through the house and look for me," I admit I haven't think about it this far. At this moment I need to go with my instinct.

"Ok I trust you," he thankfully says before turns his heels and goes to the main floor. On the other hand, hide in the basement hoping my plan goes well. Yes, I just made a plan.

***
What is Avar's plan, and would it work?
Stay tuned!
Let me know if you want to have anyone specific's point of view.