Chapter 3 : Encounters

"Nong Kit, heading home now?", a familiar voice made Krist turn his head to where it was coming from.

"P'Sing. Yes. What about you?", he responded trying to act casual.

"I am too. By the way, dad is looking for you. You haven't visited us lately. He might be missing you", Singto replied, flashing a smile.

"Ah well, I could visit him this weekend", Krist replied. Singto suddenly wrapped his arm around Krist's neck and tussled his hair.

"Aww, c'mon! Why put it off? Let's go! Follow me.", he said as he dragged Krist towards the parking lot.

"What about Gun? Aren't you having dinner with him or something?", Krist asked remembering 'his partner'.

"He said he has something urgent to attend to.", Singto replied then he let Krist go to open his car door.

"Ah, that's why you have time for me", Krist whispered to himself.

"What?", Singto asked.

"Uh, n-nothing. Let's go?", Krist said as he rushed to jump in the car.

"Absent minded, Kit. You leaving your car here?", he asked trying to suppress his laughter.

"Oof! Right.", Krist realized he got in Singto's car instead of his own. He got out right away, laughing awkwardly. Singto was shaking his head as Krist got in the driver's seat and started the engine.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the parking area.

Gun can be seen rushing his way out of the parking lot. He honks his horn as there was another car obstructing his way.

The car window shield went down and the driver poked his head out.

"Chill, shorty! I'm going out now.", Off shouted at Gun. Gun frowned as he recognized the hot headed guy. He doesn't want to make a scene so he ignored the brat instead.

Off made a wrong turn thus backed up too fast that he hit Gun's car!

Gun was startled at the sudden collision.

"What the actual f...?!", Gun exclaimed as he tried to calm himself.
He got out of his car and checked how much his car has been damaged. Off got off of his car too looking dumbfounded.

"I'm sorry, shorty.. I mean, bro.", changing his expression to apologetic face.

"What is wrong with you?! Are you doing this on purpose?!", Gun shouted at the tall guy, feeling pissed off.

"What?! Why would I purposely destroy my car?!", Off retorted, looking at Gun intimidatingly.

Gun clenched his fist as if wanting to throw a punch towards Off.

"Hey! Not because you're a big shot means I'm gonna back down from..", Off couldn't finish what he was about to say cause Gun's fist already landed on his face. He was about to fight back but as soon as he was about to hit Gun, he realized the furious little guy is crying.

"What the..? Why are you crying when it was me who got hurt?", he asked starting to feel worried, his anger subsided. Gun slowly sat down, hugging his knees, continuesly sobbing.

"Hey, hey! What's wrong with you, shorty? Are you injured?", he asked, starting to be puzzled but worried. He checked Gun's body making sure if he got bruises or lacerations but he couldn't find any, so he rubs Gun's back instead trying to comfort him.

"Listen, I'm really sorry, ok? I will get your car fixed. Leave your contact details to me and I will call you once your car got fixed.", Off pacified Gun, looking sincerely apologetic this time, continuesly rubbing Gun's back.

They are in that position for a while when Off's phone rang

"Hold on. I gotta take this call.", Off excused himself.

He went back to where Gun was but the latter is not there anymore. He just sighed and shook his head as he gazes the part where their car got damaged.

He then looked at the exit.

"Could he have just walked outside to get a taxi?", he thought to himself. He suddenly panicked when he realized how risky it could be since Gun is well-known. If people recognize him especially in that condition, he will be on the front page the next day. Off jumped in his car and rev up the engine hoping he could still catch up to the little guy. He must hurry!