Chapter 40 : Dark Past

"The stunning actress Namtan Tipnaree Weerawatnodom hinted about her engagement to her secret boyfriend.", the showbiz host announced on the TV.

Gun who was on his rest day and watching the news, dropped the snacks he was munching on. He suddenly felt light headed as he heard the news.

"Who is this lucky guy? According to a reliable source, her hidden fiance is also a promising actor. That's - ", Gun switched off the TV not wanting to hear more about the news anymore.

"Phews! This.. Why is it hard to swallow?", he asked himself. He is looking at his snacks but he is referring to his chest. It feels heavy all of a sudden, he can't continue eating.

"I thought we were friends? Why didn't he tell me he's getting married?", he asked himself, feeling weary even more.

"Why am I hurt? I should be glad. He's settling down. It's about time. Namtan and P'Off has been together for like what? 4 years now? It's to be expected.", he explained to himself. His mind understands the reason clearly but why is his heart not functioning accordingly?

Since the day P'Off 'confessed' to him, he became complacent that he forgot the fact that Off has a girlfriend

Since the day P'Off 'confessed' to him, he became complacent that he forgot the fact that Off has a girlfriend. In these months that have passed, he got used to having Off around him.

Always giving in to whatever he asks, always around whether to comfort or support Gun. Though the tall handsome guy didn't open up about the topic of having a crush on the little guy again, Gun became too comfortable that he has Off all this time.

The news feels like a hard slap on his face, showing him the reality that he is just a friend and that someone will take his 'friend' away from him someday.

"This snack taste bitter.", he said to himself as his tears fell down, feeling sorry for himself.

"Eh? Why am I crying?", he asked to himself as he wiped the tears off his cheeks.

"Are you doing an MV? What were you crying about?", that familiar voice echoed in the living room where Gun is hanging out.

He immediately stood up and wai to his father.

"P-pa..", he uttered, not knowing how to react. He can see that familiar disgust in his father's eyes.

"Get your act together and stop bringing disgrace to our family.", the old man uttered, then turned around and left.

His heavy heart became even heavier, it's almost unbearable.

His mind drifted back almost 5 years ago when his father began hating him.

"What did you do?! What did you do?!", his father's voice echoed in the emergency room, grabbing his shirt, almost choking Gun, pinning him against the wall. The doctors, nurses, and the rescue team were all doing their job to save the woman lying on the stretcher. There was a lot of blood splattered all over his shirt. He doesn't know whether it's his or his mom's. He couldn't move, his mind is blank. Still shocked at the accident that has occured.

He was warned multiple times by his mother to be careful everytime. His mom was really protective of him to the point that he was a little spoiled child.

He was a bit tipsy that particular evening, that his mom insisted on picking him up from the club where he was at. He still end up driving since he feels he can manage. He was hitting the road carefully. At least, he thought he did. Out of nowhere, a truck hit them. The car flipped a few times.

It's a miracle he had survived. His mom protected him with her body. She hugged and hold on to his son as they collided head on to the truck. And now his mom is fighting for her life.

"1..2...3...Clear!", he heard the doctor, trying to revive the woman in that emergency room. He heard it a few times more.. Until a long sound of that familiar noise he only hears in the movies can be heard. Indicating the loss of the pulse, the end of the heartbeat. And the loss of his mother's life. It sent chills to his spine. His mind is exploding. His heart is pounding really hard and his ears are ringing. The scene began to get blurry as his sight grew dim. Blood dripping from his head which felt warm as it trickled down his face.

The last words he heard was..

"Time of death...", the doctor who was assisting his mom a moment ago said as he felt numb, slowly losing consciousness, then darkness..