Chapter 43 : Lost Soul

Few days have passed since that dreadful day happened. Krist is back to hiding. He isn't answering anyone's call again. Even P'Tae and his close friends Mara and Win couldn't get a hold of him.

"I think there was something serious that has happened.", P'Tae said as she called up Mara and Win to ask if they knew where the young idol is.

"No, P.", Win answered on the other end of the line.

"Last time I talked to him was before that surprise guesting he did with P'Sing and the others. He said he was ready to face P'Sing then.", Win explained.

P'Tae nodded as if Win can see her.

"I know. He asked my permission about it too.", she sighed as she gazes into the window of her condo unit.

"I'll go check with the others. Can you give me a heads up if he ever contacts you?", she said.

"Yes, P. I will. I hope he's okay though.", the young lad responded.

"I hope so too.", P'Tae replied before saying goodbye and hanging up the phone.

In a small hidden beach house out of the city.

Krist went out of town. Somewhere he can breath and clear his head. He knows his manager might be looking for him already but he doesn't have the strength to go on. He is walking on the beach, watching the waves as it hits the white sparkling sand lighted by the moon. The fresh air from the ocean touches his body, caressing his lonely spirit, the gentle breeze is cold which intesifies the desolated feeling in his heart.

It's been a couple of days since he got here. He was just driving aimlessly that day, without proper destination. All he wanted is to ran away and hide from that painful scenario. He ended up at Win's place where he usually hang out to practice and perfect all his performance. He played the guitar, the piano, and the drums without proper tune. Win wasn't around that time but Bright arrived and found him playing the drums like a lunatic and crying his heart out. The young handsome singer/guitarist understood he needs time to get away and recuperate.

"This is all I can do to help you, P..", Bright said as he drove him to this place in the middle of the night. This is where Bright's grandparents live. He isn't talking but Bright saw how broken Krist was.

"I don't know what happened to you. But I am here when you need someone to talk to.", Bright said, patting his shoulder while they were on the beach, both were holding a can of beer, leaning on the hood of his silver Mazda Sedan, watching the eerie evening.

"Thanks, bro. I really appreciate it. But I'd rather be alone for now.", he said, holding back his tears. He doesn't want to show anyone how crushed he is. Though he feels all choked up and having trouble to breath because of this heavy weight in his chest, still he doesn't want to show his weakness.

It has been two days since then but the memory of Singto kissing someone else which was not just an acting or in a script, breaks his heart to pieces over and over.

The thought of Singto moving on and having someone else in his life.

"How can I live with that?", he asked himself, as he throws a pebble as far as he can into the sea.

His tears fell down as he watches the flickering lights of the fishing boats in the far side of the ocean. The more he gazes into the farthest view of the horizon, the more the pain becomes unbearable. He began walking into the water, leaving his slippers on the sand. His footprints are beautiful to see, like a painting in that lovely beach.

He goes deeper into the water, his emotions went higher. The bitterness of losing someone he dearly loves can't be compared to any pain he has felt before. He has endured all these time, wanting to be as successful as his P. To prove he is worthy of his affection. And to protect his P as he have protected him. One day he wants to shout out to the world, that the great lion is the one he loves and that he is proud of it and hoping that Singto would be proud of him too.

He thought that day had finally come. He was ready to face everything with Singto this time. He thought he can stand beside him now. He thought they are in the same level now. He thought he can get him back now.

"I think too highly of myself. I guess I am still the old cry baby who will always stay in P'Sing's shadow. Unable to protect him and will just fade away as time goes.", he said to himself, smiling bitterly as he goes deeper into the sea, submerging himself into the water, drowning his sorrow away.