Chapter 1 - Entrance Exam

*Y/N POV*

I walk up to the gates of UA high school and look down.

"I've got this."

I trundle down each corridor , seeing students and wondering whether they'll be in my class - if I get in, that is. After some time, I find the room I'm looking for. It's impounding doors are labelled with a comically meek sign, reading  'UA High School Hero Course: Exam Orientation.'

I walk in and take my seat, surveying the area around me, eyeing my competitors.

I look forwards and to my right. I notice someone tall, bulky, and with massive presence.

"Six arms," I think to myself, " Shoji?"

I nod to myself as I make the mental note to see him before the beginning of the exam. A teammate could be useful.

Before long, my train of thought is halted by a screeching, screaming voice. It is undoubtedly bad to endure.

"Everybody say hey!" The voice calls out. Everyone looks back in eerie silence. The man mutters to himself before continuing and explaining the exam.

*Timeskip to training ground B*

Looking around to the other candidates, I see a head with a mask poking above the rest. I walk over to Shoji and greet him.

We say hello, greeting each other after our time away, and I ask him if he wants to be on a team together for the exam.

He denies and claims it would be better for us to do this alone. Although it will make it harder, he is right.

"Some advice for you, Y/N." He says to me. "When my older brother did the test, he didn't pass because his quirk wasn't suited, but he did observe the robots. Assuming they are the same ones, if they are still, you can get a clear hit on the centre eye for an easy kill."

"Thanks Shoji. ." He nods and I walk back to being on my own.

Just then, the screechy voice, which I found out belonged to a hero named Present Mic, Shouts our once more.

"Okay, go!" Everyone looks up to the tower we're he is in amazement. " What's wrong?" He continues. "There are no countdowns in real fights!"

Everyone starts hurtling through the gates.

And with that, I hold my breath.

————————————————————

Everything stops. I look around and see the horde of people who were running to the faux villains, but they are all now still.

I look back and see one boy, with curly green hair and freckles, standing,
clueless. I am tempted to enquire before I remember the task at hand.

"Concentrate!" I think to myself. I have to walk to the faux villains in order to keep my need for oxygen low. I guess that I have 1:30 seconds of active time left before I must breathe. I walk up to the first enemy, and punch it ferociously the red 'eye' a countless number of times. I know that enough punches or kicks in the same area will send the machine flying with all of the energy that it has just received from my attacks.

I'm straining now, I have to use my time better. I estimate I have another minute of time left,meaning if I stay at the same pace I will only destroy 2 robots before needing a rest. I think back to Shoji's advice and walk around 4 or 5 nearby robots and violently hit them in a spot I can see is delicate. I make sure to leave a couple near where Shoji is heading as a thanks.