Chapter 1 - Meeting Thomas

FADE IN

INT. BEDROOM-EARLY MORNING 

A typical bachelor bedroom with clothes lying strewn, a laptop on sleep mode, a coffee cup with a day old lip-stain around its rim, some books lying mindlessly on the table. The bedroom is set in the attic of a spacious naalukettu (traditional Kerala courtyard) house.VINAY (27 YO MALE), lanky frame and curled hair, is snoring on the bed. He is the quintessential millennial, living with his parents, yet for himself. A mobile phone lying next to his pillow can be heard ringing. 

VINAY(half-dazed, picks up phone) 

Hello? 

He listens to the voice on the other end and opens his eyes with a jolt 

VINAY 

What!! (getting out of bed) Has he arrived? Don't send anyone else. I'll be there in 20. 

INT. VINAY HOUSE-MORNING 

BG music picks up tempo as VINAY emerges out of his room carrying a backpack. He is wearing a polo tee. He runs down the staircase and ignores his father whose face is buried behind the newspaper. As he rushes through the front door, his mother emerges from the kitchen. 

VINAY'S MOTHER 

Vinay, when did you wake up? Wait, breakfast is almost ready. 

VINAY 

Not now ma. I have an important interview to take. 

VINAY'S FATHER(getting up) 

Whatever it be, first eat your breakfast. 

VINAY(pissed off) 

Oh just stop it, will you two. Every day the same drama. 

MOTHER(tersely) 

This is not some lodge. 

FATHER(angrily) 

And don't speak to us like that. 

VINAY shakes his head, ignores them, and slams the front door on the way out. 

EXT. VINAY HOME-MORNING 

He puts on his riding jacket, as his parents appear on the doorway. 

VINAY(muttering to himself) 

Drama royalty!

 Angrily, VINAY kickstarts his bike and takes off as we 

CUT TO: EXT. ROUTE TO OFFICE-MORNING 

Title credits begin to roll and intro music begins as VINAYrides down the lane and cuts into the main road... 

VINAY(v.o.) 

I am VINAY. You must have realized that by now. but there's something more you need to know. I am the most kickass gossip columnist this shithole of a city has ever seen. And trust me when I tell you, I am damn bored with my life. Just as you all are.