Chapter 6 - Baba Gyaani

INT.BUS-NIGHT

The driver puts the gear into first and the bus starts rolling again.

Close to midnight, the bus suddenly comes to a halt.

VINAY gets up, hearing a ruckus outside. He shakes THOMAS out of his sleep.

They see a few people outside blocking the route and banging on the bus. Thickset blankets cover their heads.

In their hand are country rifles and lathi sticks.

The conductor tries to run away but is caught by a few of the ruffians.

VINAY looks scared, while THOMAS tries to slip further into his seat. MIRANDA looks at them afraid, and he signals to her to stay quiet and low.

The dacoits enter the bus. The leader among them starts to talk.

DACOIT 

Gold, money, laptop, phone, put whatever you have in this bag. Don't make me repeat it. Else I'll shoot all of you.

VINAY 

Mother was correct. Oh God, we are going to die today.

THOMAS

Shush!

Everyone in the bus starts to remove their jewelry and empty their pockets. 

The dacoit watches them and comes to the back of the bus.

He sees OMKAR sleeping with his head lying down.

DACOIT

Hey boy, get up. Didn't you hear me?

OMKAR opens his eyes groggily and looks up.

DACOIT 

Oh God, it's Baba's son. Hey Jagdeesh, Kakani, Liladhar stop. Baba's son is traveling in the bus.

The other goons enter the bus in shock and OMKAR gets up and looks into the leader's eyes.

DACOIT 

Sorry, sorry bhai. Please don't be afraid. If we had known you were traveling in this bus, we wouldn't dare have.

OMKAR 

So otherwise, you would? I should be telling this to Baba.

DACOIT 

Please, please I beg you...

OMKAR 

Alright, return the things to the passengers. And get lost.

DACOIT

Yes, yes.

The dacoit runs out, and the conductor gets in.