Chapter 7 - The Snake Dance

INT.JEEP-NOON

The jeep begins its journey to the desert.

The driver stops the jeep at a roadside butcher's stall. He gets out and returns with fresh mutton meat bought from the stall.

The journey resumes. A small sandstorm halts them for a minute, before they continue the journey.

OMKAR 

VINAY, are you excited?

BABA 

Omkar, lower the back hood. There will be several dust swirls at this time of the day. We wouldn't want the sand inside the car now, would we.

OMKAR proceeds to lower the protective hoods.

MIRANDA 

Where are we headed?

BABA 

Just ahead there are camels waiting for us. They will be our companions for the trip into the desert.

MIRANDA

Camels? 

BABA 

I know what you are wondering. My snakes will not scare the camels. Like most animals, they can be controlled as they are predictable. Unlike humans. 

BABA looks at her and smiles softly.

BABA 

There's a lot we both have to share with each other.

The jeep stops at a junction just before the expanse of the desert begins...

OMKAR 

Come, we have reached. Look at those strapping 6 camels standing under the sun.

BABA 

Mr. Thomas, please ride with me.

THOMAS hesitantly agrees as we

CUT TO:

EXT. THAR DESERT-LATE NOON

The group climb atop their designated camels in pairs.

As the group begins their journey, OMKAR starts talking with the camels.

BABA (looking at his son) 

The boy is obsessed with the wrong animal.

THOMAS (subtly) 

Will you give him permission to start his safari business?

BABA looks at THOMAS silently.

OMKAR (suddenly) 

Hey, guys look, look. A fox.

MIRANDA yelps in fright.