Chapter V

The Prophecy

Jasper's pov

"So....looks like"Wolfie girl" imprinted on you..."Emmet said.I chuckled and said,"I hope so, because...ummm"."Because what?"Edward asked."She's my mate.."I said confidently.Edward's expression changed."What?"Emmet and I asked together..."Oh no, this can't be happening.."Edward said tension in his voice.We hurried to the house and Edward told the events that took place earlier to Carlisle.Carlisle said,"I think it's time". Edward read his mind and spoke."An ancient prediction of the Quileute legends is going to happen soon...".I was puzzled,"What?I don't understand...Is something bad going to happen?"."No, it's a prophecy where vampires and werewolves form a proper alliance and greater friendship with each other, avoiding any kind of hate between them"Carlisle spoke."And ,how is this going to happen?"Rosalie interrupted."Two individuals, one from the Quileute tribe and one from the vampire coven fall in love with each other and form a bond which brings the two different creatures closer"Carlisle answered."So I think Jasper's the lucky guy from the vampires' side"Emmet said, causing Carlisle to burst into a little laugh."I might need to research on that a little more, so I can grasp the details of the prophecy"Carlisle left the room.I couldn't believe what I just heard.I was lost in deep thought that we were a part of something historical but didn't wanted to put her through any danger.I vowed to myself to protect her at any cost....

Y/n's pov

I went into my room and fell on the bed crying about what I did wrong.Is falling in love or imprinting a mistake?I thought to myself....I sat on my bed for a minute thinking about the past events that took place,and how deep in love I fell for him.Tears started filling up in my eyes again thinking that I couldn't stay away from him.Suddenly,there was knock on my door.I quickly wiped my tears away and said,"Come in!".My father opened the door and looked at me with an apologetic look on his face."Dad, I'm sorry...for-"I started, but he interrupted me by apologizing to me,"No, sweetie, I should be the one saying sorry...I should have told you that this was bound to happen anyway...and about the prophecy..."."Wait...I don't understand.. what do you mean this was bound to happen?"I asked with confusion and curiosity in my voice."Listen closely..."He said as he sat beside me on my bed."You are supposed to be fulfilling a prophecy that will end the conflicting nature between the vampires and werewolves.Some of our ancestors had predicted that this would happen in the future and looks like they predicted your future.But, there may be some dangers for your life...in the ancient script there are some empty pages after the prediction.It may mean that you don't have a future.... That's what scares me...I don't wanna lose you, sweetie.."He said."Dad, I'm still here, I am not going anywhere.."I said in between sobs and he hugged me."But, I do know that whatever happens,happens for a reason..,and what we can do is expect what is best for all of us.."I said to him smiling."Yes.."He answered nodding his head."So,who did you imprint on?"he asked, trying to cheer me up.I lowered my head and closed my eyes, smiling, because of the glimpses of him in my mind...,"Well, I don't know his name or anything but he's gorgeous and I guess he's a good gentleman"."But,if he hurts you,he's done"he said getting up."I'm pretty sure he won't"I said."I am so happy that you found your imprint"he said and kissed me on my forehead starting to leave my room.I called him,"Dad?"."yes, sweetie?"he asked in the kindest way."Thanks for understanding...I love you dad."."I love you too, sweetie" he said with a sweet smile and left my room.

A long while later, I took a shower and wore a blue top and black shorts which reached just above my knees.It was already evening,and the sun was about to set.I realised that my friends didn't even mind me.I just knew that they didn't want to ask me how I was feeling now... because I'm different....

Suddenly, I gasped at the figure I saw near my window...It was my imprint."What are you doing here?!,if my father finds out, you are dead!!"I whisper-yelled.

"What are you doing here?!,if my father finds out, you are dead!!"I whisper-yelled

"I wanted to see you...and actually I'm already dead so...no need to worry.".I chuckled.He came into my room and stood a few steps away from me.I suddenly lost my smile thinking about my friends who didn't care for me anymore....and my expression changed.....which he noticed.

Jasper's pov

I wanted to see her so I finally reached her window as quickly I could.She was walking across her room and when she noticed me she gasped.She yelled quietly,"What are you doing here?!,if my father finds out, you are dead!!".She was adorable.I replied that I wanted to see her...and said "I'm already dead...so no need to worry."I entered her room standing near the window a few steps away from her.She chuckled softly for a moment then her expression changed into sorrow."Hey, what is it?"I asked going close to her."It's nothing.."she said.I wish I could change her mood into a happy one but I can't change hers.She looked into my eyes, just like the first time and asked,"What's your name?".I told her my name,"Jasper Whitlock Hale, darlin' ".She smiled and looked down and I could feel her blushing."What's yours, beautiful?"I asked.She replied sweetly,"y/n.....y/n y/l/n". She's beautiful just like her name...

Sam's pov

I could smell a vampire in my daughter's room and rushed to her room.I opened the door to find her and a vampire standing near each other.My daughter said"Dad!umm this is Jasper....{my imprint (she told me through mind)}"."Nice to meet you,sir",he said."Hello, I am just here to warn you that if you hurt my daughter, you and your family are gonna die"I said trying my best not to sound rude."With all due respect sir,I would never hurt her, she's my everything since I saw her..I promise"He said to me.i saw that my daughter had lowered her head because of my tone of voice on him..."Well,nice to meet you anyway, Jasper"I said and closed the door.