Chapter IX

She is the one

Jasper's pov

I already miss her and it hasn't even been a few hours since she left town.I just hope she comes soon.I went into my room and grabbed a book trying to distract myself from missing her but nothing seems to work.Carlisle is still trying to find more information on the Quileute prophecy in his free time.And he keeps me updated on all information as soon as he finds out.I wanted to tell her all about me, everything about my past.I am still surprised over the fact that such a beautiful and wonderful girl loves me... I take out my phone to call her....

Y/n's pov

I was walking in the garden looking at all the beautiful flowers,and feeling the warmth of the weather on me.I found myself thinking about Jasper and missed him.Just then my phone buzzes and I pull it out of my pocket to see that Jasper was calling me.I quickly picked up the phone and said,"Jas?"."Hey love, I miss you"his voice echoed through my phone."I miss you too, I will inform you as soon as I reach ok?"I said trying to cheer him up."You will be here by the evening right?"he asked."Yes, I will be there"I said.Just then my dad,called me in,"Sweetheart ,come on in!"."Hey,
Jas, I gotta go okay?"I said."uhh... okay...."he replied.Just as soon as I was about to hang up,he said "wait!"."Yes,Jas?"I said."I love you...."his voice softened and spoke."I love you too...but I really gotta go,ok?"I said."Alright, beautiful,see you soon"he said. I said "ok, handsome" and hung up.I put my phone in my pocket and was turning around to go in, when I saw gran looking at me from her window and smiling at me like she knew what I was doing.I head inside and see gran approaching me."Let's have a little chat sweetie... it's been years.."She said smiling at me.I nod my head 'yes' and followed her to her bedroom."Where's mom and dad,gran?"I asked."Your dad said he needed some air,so he went out with Emily to meet some old relatives"she replied.I whispered "oh" looking down."Honey, what's wrong?"she asked noticing my slight disappointment."I can't seem to stay away from him....I know it's only a few hours without him...but it feels like something's missing..."I said ,which only made me feel worse.She smiled at me and hugged me ,saying "So,how is he?Tell me about him...I wanna hear".I smiled and started,"He's a wonderful gentleman.I love him so much,gran...from the moment I saw him, I felt like I found my home..".I had tears in my eyes and gran looked like she was crying too... like she knew our love was meant to be.She had the old book by her side and reached to take it into her hands.I took of my grey sweater, feeling a little hot,and placed it on the hanger,which was by the window to grandma's room.I stand near the window looking out,my back facing grandma.Just I was about to turn and speak to her,she came towards me and traced the back of my right shoulder with her fingers.I was confused by her expression,"Gran, what is it?"."Did you get a tattoo?"she asked me out of the blue.I stuttered,"What?...no...why would I-"she cut me off, grabbing me to sit beside her on the bed.She held out the old book to me.I took it and opened the first page.Suddenly,she asked"You see that design?".I nodded my head, saying, "yes", still confused."It looks like it's tattooed on your back..."she said.My eyes widened as I rushed towards the mirror in her room.I pulled away my long hair from my back, facing the right side of my back towards the mirror.I see a well-defined, ancient but unique, never before seen design of the quileutes.I reach out to touch it.I turn to my gran, "I didn't even know if that design was on my body till this moment....."I said to her.

"Honey, it says here that it is the symbol, it's more like a birthmark which will develop overtime on the 'Quileute beauty'

"Honey, it says here that it is the symbol, it's more like a birthmark which will develop overtime on the 'Quileute beauty'.... that's you...."she said.I looked at her frightened,of what is more to come.She then looked at the book curiously reading more, while I was still looking at the design."They say that is how the Quileute beauty was predicted to look like..."gran said.I smiled at her."But,I can see she is much more beautiful...."she spoke.I was blushing and rolling my eyes,saying "Grams...!".Grandma then rushes towards me again this time pulling me towards the window and saying,"There, you see that little bird?"."Yeah..gran?"I say."Try to communicate with it.."she says.I was still confused over what was she telling me to do and looked at her doubtfully,but turned back to stare at the bird anyway."Ok, I'll try..."I say and take in a long breath, closing my eyes and then opening them to focus on the bird.What seemed like a few seconds later,the bird approaches the window and sits on my index finger.Its like I could feel whatever the bird was trying to tell me and the bird understood what I was trying to say.Gran and I share glances,amazed.I stroke the soft feathers of the little bird.Just then,my parents entered the room."Mom,dad, look I think I can talk to animals....!"I say like an excited little child."Yes, it's also predicted that the Quileute beauty will have an amazing power of communicating with nature" grandma said.Mom rushes to my side to stroke the little bird,"it's so cute"She says in a baby-voice, while dad just looks at me and smiles weakly.I finally tell the bird to fly away and it does.After a few more hours we bid goodbye to gran and leave the place.It was hard saying goodbye to gran but I had to go home to be with Jasper.We all sat in the jeep and I looked at the time to see that it was already 5:00PM.I felt that time went by fast today.But I couldn't wait to see Jasper....