Chapter XXII

A delightful birthday

Y/n's pov

It was early morning and Jasper had already left.I checked my phone and noticed that I had gotten a notification from Nick.It was a reply from my question yesterday.It said,"Three reasons:1.Because it's very hard to believe that a beautiful soul like you would even exist...2.You deserve all the good things in the world...and 3.I love to irritate you with early wishes...".I chuckled at the last reason.Suddenly,it got me thinking about all the jokes we'd crack and how Nick was the joker of the pack..I really missed those times...I got out of my bed and even my thoughts to get ready for today, which I know will be a very, very long day..I got freshened up and wore the dress Alice bought me two days ago..

I got freshened up and wore the dress Alice bought me two days ago

I put on my dress when I heard a knock on my door."Come in!"I said and my mom entered the room.She came up to me and hugged me, wishing me a happy birthday in a high pitched voice, squeezing my shoulders.She looked at me with glossy eyes and I gave her my best smile."Here,let me do your hair.."she said and I got seated in front of the mirror."Hmm...Alice has great fashion sense.."My mom said."Yeah!The moment she saw this dress she was like,'This is perfect!' "I said, trying to put on light makeup.A few minutes later,I finally finished my makeup and took notice of my hair.It made me look so pretty."Thank you so much,mom."I said looking at my hairstyle.My birthday was one of the things that got the pack excited.We would hang out with the pack all day long.My mom would make snacks the day before,that lasted all day long.As I was going downstairs,I heard voices of the pack.I was just about to reach down when I saw Nick and his jaw dropped when he looked at me."You look...uhhh.."he said staring deep into my eyes."Amazing?"Leah asked."Thank you, Leah"I say and hug her and she wishes me."Yeah, you look pretty amazing..."He said.

Nick's pov

I was in complete awe when I saw her come down the stairs.She really is very beautiful in every way.Even though I wasn't feeling very well I wouldn't miss her birthday party for the world.By,just her presence,I feel like I can breathe again.We all stayed just like the previous years.Eating Emily's amazing muffins while cracking jokes or reminiscinhlg memories.But,all I could think about was her.I wanted to protect her no matter what.I love her even if she didn't know or doesn't realise that.It was almost 4 in the evening when the Cullens showed up.All of the pack were startled by their presence at first.But,y/n had already said that she invited them and didn't want any trouble from me especially.Everyone had a serious look on their face and I hope to god nothing goes wrong today...

Y/n's pov

"Hey,jas.."I said.He was looking so good.

"Happy Birthday,y/n"he said looking into my eyes from a far distance

"Happy Birthday,y/n"he said looking into my eyes from a far distance."Come on in, everyone"Leah said out of nowhere, and took them all to the backyard were a few tables were being set up.My mom with the help of Aunt Sue put up a few more snacks for the additional company we had this year.The pack had set up a few decorations already and I was utterly surprised."Surprise?"Nick said."When did you do this??"I asked since they were with me from 7 in the morning."We actually set it up very early in the morning,like 5,with the help of others.".He said and I was so glad they would do it for me.It was beautiful there were little fairy lights hanging which made it look so beautiful."And it was all Nick's Idea"Jared said getting past me to grab snacks."Thank you,I love it!"I said and hugged Nick.I was going to talk to Jasper when I saw my dad taking him to talk privately.I wonder what that was about.

A little later,

It was seven in the evening now and the party was still going on.Carlisle and Esme walked up to me with a 2 boxes in their hands."Happy Birthday,y/n!"they said syncing their voices perfectly."Thank you,Carlisle and Esme.."I said."So,we bought cake for you,Esme wanted it to be made for you so bad and we thought,why not?"."I know you'll love it"Esme said and opened the lid,It was so beautiful but my parents had already ordered one yesterday.I didn't want to make them feel bad,but I still spoke out,"Uhh...I-"and I got interrupted by Sue's voice saying that the bakery can't deliver the cake, because the delivery guy came down with the flu, just a few hours ago.Sue turned to look at the cake in their hands and looked at me and grinned,"You are one lucky girl!"she said and thanked Carlisle and Esme for the cake."Alice actually had a vision about this."Esme said."Anyway,Thank you so much!"I say and they go to meet my parents.I soon cut the cake and managed to escape before the pack rubs it in my face....like always.My parents gifted me an old family antique,which was passed on from several Carlisle and Esme had given me a few little bonsai plants which were so cute.Alice gave me a bracelet which she said reminded her of me.Emmet and even Rosalie gave me a Kindle since they found out that I really love reading in my free time.Nick gave me very rare thing which initiated our friendship.It was a silver version of the first Virginia spring beauties he gave me when we first trained together.He offered me a bunch of them on the first day of training in the forest and said he wanted to be my friend.I thought it was adorable and I still have those flowers  dried up in one of my favourite books.I really loved his gift and I thanked him for being my best friend.Every member of the pack had given me gifts like chocolates and books.Honestly, I tried so hard not to read their minds for the gifts but I couldn't help it.Soon,the party was winding up and most of the Cullens except Jasper and almost all of the pack left.Jasper approached me and said he wanted to take me somewhere.I saw Carlisle and Esme and my parents together.Well, atleast the leaders of the supernatural in forks are getting together,I thought to Carlisle and Esme got up to leave and looked at Jasper as if asking if he wanted to leave with them.Jasper nodded and Carlisle left like he understood.I looked at my dad and he told me through mind, to go with him.I knew my dad and Jasper were talking privately earlier.I just hope they were discussing something good I didn't want to anything bad to happen right now..Well,Let's hope for the best I guess..