Chapter XV

The past doesn't define you

Y/n's pov

I was sitting in the meadow with Jasper.Spending time with him always makes me feel good.I was rambling on about how my life was before I met him, about the pack,my friends and Nick,my best friend.I noticed him staring at me and smiling."I am rambling on right?..."I sigh"Why am I so annoying?-".Jasper interrupts,"You're not annoying, I love to see you speak.."he says and I smile at him."Enough about me..What about you Mr.Hale,What did you do in the last century?"I ask.I notice him getting tensed and an expression of horror in his face.I try to shake him but he doesn't seem to move."Jasper!"I say and he finally drifts back to reality."What happened?"I ask and he stands up."Jas,are you alright?"I ask him holding his hand."It's nothing...."he walks away from me."Jas..."I run after him,"You can tell me, I know something is wrong...please let me help you".He looks at and opens his mouth to speak something but the words don't slip out."Jas,Wait-"I follow him."You don't understand y/n!You would never like me if I told you about my past.You will be scared.."he lashes out."No..Jasper, I would never be scared of you...I know that the past doesn't define who you are...and it's ok...you can tell me.."I say holding his face with my hands to look at me."No, I can't.."he moves away from me."Jas please-"he interrupts me,"I don't want to hurt you with my past! You don't understand!!"he shouts at me.My eyes begin to water and I can still see the regret washing over his face.I move away from him and start walking towards my home.I see him trying to catch up to me but I slowly quickened my pace and started to reach the porch of my house.He calls after me."I understand if you don't open your room window tonight....".

I look at him for a brief moment with tears flowing down my cheeks and continue marching into my house

Jasper's pov

I immediately regret talking to her like that.But,when she asked me about my past,all the horrible memories of what I have done and Maria come rushing into my mind.I needed to apologise to her for what I did.

At night,

Even though I knew she probably is angry with my actions..I couldn't help myself from checking on her.I hid behind a tree and saw that her room window was half-open.I didn't wanna talk to her now.So I thought about visiting her tomorrow morning and talk to her and hopefully tell her all about me... even my past.I know she will forgive me...

Y/n's pov

I was hurt how Jasper didn't want to talk to me about his past but I still love him, nothing could ever change that.I wanted to distract myself so I grabbed a book Jasper had given me and started reading.But then I remembered something, I hadn't called my best friend.I quickly grab my phone and call Nick."Y/n!!"an excited squeal breaks out from the other side of my phone."Oh my god!Did you have to destroy my ears like that?!"I yell.We both chuckle."So how were your finals?"I ask."I think I did pretty well.."he said."Are you even coming home?"I groan,"I miss you,Nick"I say.He sighs and speaks,"Believe me, Not as much as I miss you...I don't think I'll be there anytime soon, I still have a few days left here...But I will be there as soon as I can ok?"."Alright"I say and hear my mom calling for me downstairs."Okay I gotta go! Mom's calling."I say and he replies with a bye.

Nick's pov

I am literally hours away from seeing her and I can't wait to be with her

I am literally hours away from seeing her and I can't wait to be with her.I was showering when I got her call,I would never ignore her but I lied to her and it felt bad but I still knew that when I surprise her, she will be so happy. I'm finally going to tell her how much I love her and that she's my imprint.

Jasper's pov

It was already early morning and I make my way through the forest and to y/n's home.I see her enjoying with her friends and when I approach she gazed into my eyes as if deep in thought..Oh, how I've missed those e/c eyes."Jasper..."she says."Y/n,Can I talk to you for some time?"I ask and she approaches me and turns back to say,"I'll be right back"to the rest of her pack.We walk into the forest,and reach the meadow in no time.I start to say,"So, I wanted to apologise for the way I acted yesterday and I didn't really mean what I said and I hope you-"I get cut off with a passionate kiss from her."I forgive you.."she says holding my face in her warm small hands."I said this once, I will say it again, Your past doesn't define you Jas,and I will love you no matter what, please remember that..."she said and looks into my eyes.I pull her into a kiss and take her hand and lead her to the middle of the meadow."I want to tell you all about me.. but only if you listen..."I say and she nods her head.I start telling her all about me from during the civil war to the moment I met the Cullens and then her.I told her how I met Maria and the two other ladies who turned me into a vampire and decided to make a vampire army.I told her everything I felt for Maria and that she was my first love.I also told her how guilty I felt for the newborn vampires who I turned and trained for the war and how I had to kill them because Maria ordered me too.I showed her the battle scars on my arms and she traced her warm fingers all over them,then looked deep into my eyes.I came to know that I was merely a puppet for her and how she was using me all those years.I told her about the vision Alice had about Maria and how she was coming looking for me so that she can find y/n and kill y/n.However,I reassured her that her visions may change based on people's decisions and that I would protect her no matter what.She breathed a sigh of relief and looked at me, indicating to continue the story.I told her every detail of how I escaped from her clutches and soon found Alice and went with her to the Cullens.I was hoping to find a mate in the Cullen family but only Alice turned out to be lucky.And,then there was the best part of my life, I found you..my hope....