Chapter 21

"So," Henry spoke up after popping his gum against his teeth. 

"So," I repeated. 

"What are you going to wear to the Stark Gala?" He asked. 

I pressed my lips together and made a raspberry sound. Henry chuckled and I leaned my head back against the seat. That was not my first worry at all, considering that the gala was a month away. 

"I haven't decided yet," I answered. A grin pulled at my mouth. "Maybe my pajamas." 

Henry made a 'tsk' sound. The desert below us disappeared and was replaced with the ocean. Its color blue color was barely noticeable against the setting sun. I turned to look at Henry, knowing that his eyes looked best in the sunset. 

"Henry, look at me," I said. 

"What?" He glanced at me with a smile. I gazed into his eyes for a few minutes before turning my attention ahead of us. Henry laughed nervously and I grinned. "What was that?" 

"Your eyes look good in the sunset," I admitted. "I like to look at them." 

"Hm," he hummed with a smile. "I still think you should wear that dress from Richardson's party. You looked hot." 

"Thanks, but no," I replied and scrunched my face. 

That form fitting dress was not something that I ever planned on wearing again. It still smelled of Dr. Richardson's house, and it reminded me of how uncomfortable I felt on that mission. The only thing I liked about the dress was its dark purple and navy blue color, and that it slightly smelled like the hotel room that Henry and I stayed in. It carried one fond memory and many bad ones. We passed over a boat and Henry glanced down at it. 

"Steam," he said. 

"Not motor?" I asked. 

"Nuh-uh." Henry shook his head. 

"I suck at this game," I muttered. I didn't even know how the "Boat Identifying Game" started, but I was never good at it. "Let's play I Spy." 

Henry hummed, glanced about the cockpit, then out the window. I smiled, knowing that there wasn't much to spy, but that made it easier. Henry glanced at me and smirked. 

"What?" I narrowed my eyes. That smirk meant something. I know it did. 

"I spy something blue," Henry said. 

I grinned and looked around, then I gave a dubious look. I was about to say the sky or ocean, but neither of those are blue at the moment. I scanned the cockpit, none of the buttons or controls were blue. I turned in my seat and looked at the Quinjet's interior. No blue. 

"You look really silly right now," Henry chuckled. 

I looked back at him and he made direct eye-contact for a few seconds. A smile crept across my face and Henry stared straight ahead. 

"My eyes," I said. 

Henry grinned and shook his head. "Nope." 

I raised a brow and popped my gum. "Henry, there's literally nothing-" 

"Your underwear is blue." 

My mouth gaped open and Henry shrugged. I took one hand from the wheel and pulled at my waistband. I looked down and sure enough, it was blue. I shot my head back at Henry. My ears turned pink and he held back a laugh. 

"How did you...?" 

"When you got on all fours to peak into that small opening, your shirt rode up and-"