Chapter 24

**Adult Content Warning** 

Henry glanced up from the Bell file and our plan for the next day. I closed the bathroom door behind me, stepping into the hotel room and folded my hands in front of me modestly. Henry looked me up and down, a smirk pulled at his lips and I turned in a slow circle to show off the rest of the dress. Henry propped his elbow on the work desk and covered his mouth with his hand, but I could see the amusement in his eyes. I held back a nervous laugh and glanced down at the dress.

It wasn't as low-cut as I thought it would be, but it still showed more cleavage than I was used to. The dress went down to my knees, and again, was form fitting. Which made me wonder if I would be able to sit. Thankfully, I wasn't wearing huge heels, these ones were slightly more comfortable. Henry had yet to change into his suit, and we'd be leaving in about an hour. 

"I'm telling you, Nell, you have curvy hips," he finally said. 

I gave a dubious look and shook my head. "No, I do not. Marilyn Monroe had curvy hips," I said turning to the bathroom door's full body mirror. "I'm barely holding an hourglass figure. I have my mom's thin body." 

Henry stood up and walked to stand behind me. He rested his chin on the top of my head and placed his hands on my waist. 

"See? Small waist," he began to run his hands down. "And... your hips are bigger." 

"Slightly," I corrected. 

"You're curvy," Henry said and kissed my cheek. "And sexy." 

I scrunched my nose in disagreement and my cheeks turned red. Henry laughed through his nose and turned to grab his suit that hung in the closet. I turned away from the mirror and replaced Henry's spot on the swivel chair. I looked over our plans and Henry walked up to me with his suit slung over his shoulder. 

"I'm going to change, then we can sit for a bit before we leave and go over our plans for tomorrow," he said. 

"Sure." I nodded. 

Henry smiled and glanced down at the dress again, mainly my body. I grinned and spun myself around in the swivel chair so that my back faced him. I laughed uncontrollably and Henry huffed before he walked to the bathroom. I turned around when I heard the door closed and laughed again. 

"That was rude!" Henry called from the bathroom. 

"It was funny!" I called back. 

~~~

Henry immediately put his suit jacket around my shoulders when we stepped outside the hotel. The streets of Malibu were bustling in the evening and quite a few men walked the streets. The jacket did not leave my shoulders until we were walking up the steps to the convention center doors. I glanced up at Henry as he put on the jacket and smiled at his handsome form. 

"You look sharp," I commented. 

"Thank you," he replied. "This suit is making me sweat." 

"We are in California," I added. 

Henry smiled and held his arm out to me. I took it and we descended the few steps, glancing at the other guests around us. Upon looking at the entrance doors, I spotted a familiar face. She grinned and welcomed each of the guests and checked the tablet she held in her hand. As Henry and I approached her, I was already smiling and she looked up from her tablet. 

"Ellie!" Pepper exclaimed. "It's great to see you! Have you been receiving the movies and vinyls?" 

"It's great to see you, too, Pepper," I replied. "Yes, I have! It's keeping me busy on the weekends."