Chapter 14

I stared at my reflection in Coulson's bathroom mirror and I instantly felt an urge to take off the dress and change into my pajamas. It was form fitting and I found myself averting my eyes from my body and looking myself in the eyes. I quickly pulled my hair from the low ponytail I had put it in and let my hair down to cover my shoulders. I let out a groan and began bouncing on the balls of my feet anxiously. 

"What have you gotten yourself into, Eleanor?" I asked myself. A knock came to the door and I stood still. "Yeah?" My voice cracked and I swallowed. 

"You alright, Nell?" Henry asked from the suite. 

"More or less..." I answered. 

"Are you dressed?" He asked. 

"Mhm." 

I heard him quietly chuckle. "Come out and show us." I let out another groan and I looked back at the mirror. "Nell, unlock the door." 

I reached over and turned the lock on the knob. The door opened slightly and Henry peeked his head in. My hands wrapped around my waist and Henry made a tsk. He reached in, took my hand and pulled me out of the bathroom. I instantly stood behind Henry and almost tripped on the bottom of the dress when everyone looked at me. Henry sighed impatiently and reached behind him for my arms. 

"Nell, you're being childish," he said. 

I inched out from behind Henry and received a whistle from Natasha, who wore a long, black dress. A long, plain, black dress. And here I was wearing a dark purple, form fitting, bedazzled gown that showed more skin than I was used to. 

"El, you look very nice," Clint said as he adjusted his suit coat. 

The statement was humbling and I gave a shy smile. Henry pulled my arms from around my waist, only for them to shoot back. Sitwell made a quick glance from his computer and gave a thin smile. Coulson was figuring out his tie in a full body mirror and smiled at me through the reflection. 

"Why can't Natasha be the bait?" I asked. 

"First of all, don't call it bait," Clint pointed at me. "Second, Richardson isn't a Black Widow Super fan. He's a Frostbite Super fan." 

"Sashay your curvy hips when you walk, it's in the bag," Henry said. 

I scrunched my nose and looked at my reflection. "I don't have curvy... hips... wait do I?" I turned my body in different directions to try to see what Henry meant. 

"Ellie, you're too modest," Natasha commented. 

"Romanoff is right," Henry added. 

"Limos will be here in twenty minutes," Sitwell announced. 

I turned away from the mirror and looked at Sitwell. Coulson stepped away from the mirror and allowed Natasha to fix his tie. Henry touched my waist and quickly kissed the back of my head. 

"I'm gonna meet up with Rumlow," he said. "I'll be on the comms." 

"Okay," I replied. 

Henry nodded to Sitwell and Coulson before he left the hotel room. Natasha finished Coulson's tie before turning to me. 

"Come on, Frosty," she nodded to the bathroom. "Let's make you pretty." 

"Oh boy," I breathed out. 

~~~

Coulson and I walked arm-in-arm up the marble steps that led to the front doors of Richardson Manor. I glanced behind us at the line of guests behind us, a few steps down was Clint and Natasha. I looked forward again and Coulson stopped us at the man next to the doors who held a screen in his hand.