the auction

The party had already started and I had walked in a bit late, the mask on my face threatening to fall. I reached up to tighten it, my simple gold dress hugging my body as I walked down the stairs. It was a masquerade and even though I was quick witted, I still couldn't recognize most of the people. Some girls wore cute ones, masks that were delicate and you should see the structure of their face. My mask was half faced, simple and elegant though I'm also pretty sure that I gave myself away.

"Oh, hey. Director, is that you?" Someone asked and I whipped my head around just to see my secretary and her boyfriend. Her dress was bright red as well as her lips and I nodded at her politely as she bowed. Her boyfriend was an outsider and even though I have met him only twice, he had always been pleasant to meet and I recognized him right away.

"Chanyeol-ssi." I greeted him and he smiled widely.

"Ah. Looking good, Director." He said in a sing-a-song voice and his girlfriend hit him on the shoulder as a warning to not over cross personal boundaries. He continued to speak anyway. "Not here with a date, Director?"

"Chanyeol!" Ae-ra hissed and I laughed, waving my hand to show it wasn't a big deal.

"It's alright. No, Chanyeol-ssi. Not here on a date. I presume you're here to support Ae-ra in the auction?" I asked and he nodded, pulling her closer to him as she blushed. I felt a small pang of envy at their romance but shook it off at the back of my head.

"Of course. No one should ever get to auction on my girl. Director, you have the power to cut off the auction right? Can't I just give you money and you take her off the stage?" He asked and I couldn't help but laugh.

"I don't think I can do that, Chanyeol-ssi. Besides, I'm not the event coordinator. But to make sure she doesn't get auctioned on- make sure your price is high." I winked at both of then and Chanyeol grinned.

"That I can do. Money is never an issue." He reaffirmed and Ae-ra gave me another shy bow before dragging him away. I chuckled, turning to spot Baekhyun and Yixing having a conversation in the crowd. I slowly made my way to all of them, waving at them when they also saw me.

"Princess, you look like a princess!" Baekhyun proclaimed, hugging me. "You look like a pot of gold. Some Rumplestiltskin will take a liking in you tonight."

"You look like a queen." Yixing corrected, shooting Baekhyun a look. "And whoever gets you tonight is a lucky guy. I may have a chance, considering I'm also auctioning."

"Thank you, boys." I beamed, before turning to Yixing. "You get to auction but I'm sure your date won't be very happy with that."

"I'm more than happy to let you have Yixing for a date." A voice sounded and I turned to see a beautiful girl standing behind me. She smiled kindly and Yixing turned a bright shade of red that I had never seen.

"Uh... Well, this is Seohyun." Yixing began nervously and I laughed, smacking his shoulder.

"What' with the quivering voice?" I asked, raising an eyebrow and he wiped his brow sheepishly.

"You look beautiful, Seohyun." I complimented Yixing's love interest, smiling at her. "And thank you for allowing me to borrow him. But-" I lowered my voice. "If Yixing actually wins the auction, you are more than welcome to take my place. I heard it's at a hot springs resort." I winked at her and she bit her lip, her eyes smiling before leaning forward.

"Thank you so much! Does that mean I have to go shopping for lingerie?"

I nodded in response and she giggled. Her giggle was feminine but no where near annoying.

"What are you guys whispering about?" Yixing grumbled and I looked at him, winking one last time.

"Well, I'm off to go backstage. Do enjoy the party, spend some bucks for your girl right here." I pointed to myself. "Remember all the proceeds go to charity!" I waved and left them, hearing the chitter chattering of their voices behind me.

I passed through the crowd, squinting at the crowd and waving at a few familiar faces as the MC started talking. While heading across the floor my shoulder slammed against a man and I whipped my head around to apologize to him, but almost like he didn't exist he had disappeared into the crowd. His perfume lingered and I recognized the smell, though I couldn't remember where I remembered it from.

I finally walked my way backstage, stretching my aching arm when the shows began. There were singers and one of my favorite singers, IU was singing her heart out. The sound of her voice making everyone swoon.

I fidgeted nervously and even though I was nervous, I didn't want to seem like it. This was because I was the one who pitched in the idea of an auction, thinking that I wouldn't be dragged into it. I thought wrong, because my subordinates all yelled: If we do it, you do it too!

The time had come and I heard the MC speaking, announcing that it was time for the auction to start. She yelled out introductions with such amazing energy I wondered how she could do it.

"Kim Ae-ra, 24 and considered bubbly and romantic. She's a romantic who likes to take walks on the beach. Her past time hobby is to cook and play with her dogs. She's the type of girl you bring home to your parents... Can I have the first bid please?"

The MC roared and Ae-ra, who was on stage, fidgeted nervously. I laughed a bit to myself, relieved that she was indeed nervous as I was.

"Lowest bid is for 37 thousand won!"

"Anyone going for it?"

"130 thousand won!"

"700 thousand won!... Is that the last? Sold to... Mr. Park Chanyeol!"

I looked into the audience and saw Chanyeol beaming before he turned and winked at me. I gave him a thumbs up and smiled when the sound of MC called my name.

"Our Ms.Director-nim. She's hardworking, diligent, a definition of a working lady. She's beautiful and talented in many ways. An idol to many in our company, let's welcome her!"

I went onto the stage and felt the stage light's heat on my face. I turned and saw everyone looking at me. I spotted Seohyun, Yixing and Baekhyun in the background with signs in their hands.

"Let's start by the lowest bid!..... 260 thousand won! That's pretty high for the lowest bid!"

"300 thousand won!" I saw Seohyun bid and I smiled at her. Even though I just met her, I already liked her and knew she would be a long lasting friend.

"350 thousand won!" Yixing had bid and I saw Seohyun turned to him and playfully slapped his shoulder.

"400 thousand won!" Seohyun bidded again and I laughed softly at how cute they were.

"600 thousand won!" Baekhyun raised his sign and winked at me from afar before giving me a finger heart with his righthand.

"5 million won." A voice said and I looked around, shocked. Who in the world would bid 5 million won in a date auction? I looked at my friends who shook their heads and gave me a shrug to show that they didn't do it.

"5 million won! Going once, going twice, sold! That was the highest bid we have gotten tonight! Congratulations to Mr. Kim!"

I was in a daze and walked down the stage, trying to figure out who it was. I couldn't get a glimpse of the person in the crowd because of the people. Being the introvert I was, I decided to go out to get a bit of air, stepping out into the balcony.

________________________________________________________________________________

Aunthors Note: 

Don't forget to vote this chapter! It'd mean so much! <3 

Many people did not like the ending of this story on AFF because some people didn't liek the fact that she didn't end up with Yixing but this is a Kai fic! Haha.