the sunrise

My hearts a flame, and it's burning in your name

Even through the sands of time, "

"My love will always go."

"And I won't let go."

Michael learns to Rock: Eternal Love

____________________________________________________________________________

It was awhile, but my body was in a moving vehicle; my eyes out the window as I wonder what was coming next. I leaned my head against the window as the rain drops ran down the glass. I sniffled as I stared out the window, my eyes blurred from the tears that were threatening to fall. My body felt weak and I did what I could not to cry. I was no longer in the rain. I was in the car with Yixing, who beside me was driving silently.

I loved Kai, but to go back to the same person who broke my trust was just asking for more pain. I was heartbroken, but I wasn't stupid. I knew what was good for me, and the logical part of me was the reason why I didn't regret turning my back to Kai and walking towards Yixing.

The car halted stop and I looked up, realizing that I was not in front of my apartment but by the river. Yixing turned to look at me before exiting the car. In less than thirty seconds he was opening the passenger's seat, helping me pull myself out of the vehicle.

"It's late." I said and he chuckled.

"It's early morning." He corrected before climbing up the car to sit on the hood. He looked at me, jerking his head to the side to tell me to follow his lead to which I couldn't help but smile- climbing up after him.

The morning wind was cold and I shuddered, Yixing observing my reaction before taking off his coat and draping it around my shoulders. He pulled me closer, an arm draping around my shoulders before speaking.

"You know, from what I saw today, you know you're still in love with him." He began and my stomach sank.

"I'm sorry." I began but he shook his head. "I'm sorry. You must think I keep you around for comfort-"

"No." He cut me off. "I'm the one keeping myself around you."

Yixing dragged his gaze and I turned, our eyes locking. His smile was gentle and calm, and almost immediately I felt a sudden peace. Yixing wasn't like Kai. With Kai, I had passion for him. The way I loved him so aggressively, the way I showed him I understood, the way I opened up every part of myself to him. But with Yixing, it was like he could slow down the world for me and suddenly I could think clearly.

"I can't give you anything." I said sadly.

"Nor do I expect you to. I like spending time with you, be it in a romantic sense or not." Yixing responded a hand going up to pull the hair away from my face tenderly. "And I don't need you to feel the same way."

He then continued speaking. "All I want is for you to realize that it is possible for you to fall in love again. And even if it isn't me, I want to be around to cheer you on and support you."

I let out a breath as I listened to him. "You don't have to be so nice, Yixing."

"You're worth it." He said with confidence and I laughed slightly as he pulled me to his chest, rocking me back and forth. "And it's an honor to be here by your side."

"Watching the sun rise?" I asked, leaning against his shoulder as his arm circle my waist.

"Watching the sun rise with the second male lead." He laughed. "Having second lead male syndrome?"

"Mhmmm..." I pretended to think before shaking my head. "No, not at all."

"Oh, that's a bummer." He let out a dramatic exasperated sigh, pulling me closer. "Everything is going to be okay."

"You promise?" I asked and I could feel him nod.

"With my very soul."

That was the day I watched the sun rise with Yixing, both of us realizing that there is more to life than the present. Because by the time the sun came up, my sorrows had been replaced with the comfort of a friend.

________________________________________________________________________________

Kai's POV

The airport was packed with people and I have to maneuver myself around in order to not get crashed into. I stopped by the gate, hearing the sound of last call and gave a sigh of relief that the plane did not depart yet. I fumbled with my passport, about to show the security officers my ticket when the sound of my friend rang in my ears.

"Leaving without saying goodbye?" He asked and I turned to see that Baekhyun was standing with a smirk on his face.

"Hyung."

I lifted a hand and stepped away from the line, heading towards him. I didn't tell anyone I would be leaving for Japan. After that night at the bar, I decided I needed to leave again. To clear my head and focus on my career.

"Get rejected by one girl and making a run for it?" He asked, placing his hands on his hips to feign discipline and anger. I shook my head, passing him a small smile.

"Got rejected by one girl, so going to make sure I give her space. I accepted the work in Japan. Different project but it's an industrial one." I let out a breath. "Is she okay?"

"She's fine. She's a strong girl. So you giving up on her?" Baekhyun asked and I shook my head.

"I'm not leaving forever, hyung." I shuffled my feet. "I'll be back for her. Just not now. I need to make sure that if I come back for her, I have everything in order to give her what she wants whenever she wants."

"What makes you think she'll wait for you? She didn't even want to see you."

"I'll take my chances."

Baekhyun stared at me for awhile before reaching out to pat my shoulder.

"Well then, I wish you good luck. I'll wait till you come back and we'll see if you keep your promise. Now go."

I gave him a final smile, turning around to walk through the gate. That was the day I sat in the sky, mapping out my plans for a better future.

I thought of her, my eyes taking in the white fluffy clouds outside the window. "Until next time." I thought. "Until next time."