the epilogue

Seoul National University Hospital

I never knew giving birth was something this painful until I was sitting with my legs wide open and Kai clutching my arm. It seemed that it was painful for me but it was even more painful for him. Every time I screamed and pushed, Kai would close his eyes and squeeze my hand with so much strength, I thought he would break my wrist. I was still calm, sniffing from time to time while Kai seemed to look like he was holding back his tears.

"The last one's out. The girl is out." The doctor said and I slumped back into the seat, Kai leaning down to kiss my forehead. I sighed in exhaustion, not being able to open my eyes. I needed some time to breath, the five hours in labor really did tire me out.

"Here you go." The doctor had said, passing me my first born child as I took him in my arms before looking down on his cute little face. I turned to look at Kai to see him holding our daughter, his face flushed with happiness. I saw a tear run down his cheek and I laughed softly.

"Why you crying, baby?" I asked and he shook his head- his eyes fixated on our daughter.

"We have twins." He had said, coming closer to me so I could see her face. "She looks like you." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"What do you mean by that? Our kids look like no one right now. They're literally potatoes." I answered and he laughed, wiping away a tear.

"She does. She has that determined look on her face. My daughter is going to be a goddess just like her mother." He told me proudly and I chuckled. Kai had proven himself to be loyal the past two years while being with me. And true to his word, every day was like a valentines day with him.

"I love you." He suddenly said, looking at me and smiling. "So much."

"I love you too." I answered. "Thank you for being in my life."

"I wouldn't want it any other way." He winked before going back to coo at the baby in his arms.

________________________________________________________________________________

I was in the hospital room, resting while Kai went out to get food and I flipped through the television that was on silent. The twins were beside my bed and I didn't want to wake them up. Suddenly the door opened and Kai walked in with a big smile on his face, holding massive plastic bags and I raised my eyebrows. It then made sense when three people followed him form behind, and I broke into a grin as well.

"Oppa! Yixing, Seohyun!" I loudly whispered and Baekhyun toddled over to the side of the bed to give me a kiss on the cheek, followed by Yixing and Seohyun who beamed at me and told me I looked just as beautiful as before. I mouthed a thank you before complimenting her glow as well. She, herself, was 6 months pregnant.

"Our kids are going to be the same age." Seohyun said, tearing up and I laughed softly before patting her cheek.

"Aigoo. I see you've got the pregnancy hormones." I said and she sniffled, wiping away a tear. Yixing nodded at me from behind her.