the end

"I never realized how much I needed you until I lost you."

"Now time has played it's part."

"And it's only you I want to be with."

________________________________________________________________________________

The air was cold and I shivered slightly. It was relatively quiet and I enjoyed how the silence comforted me. I walked slowly, taking in the music in the background. I have come a long way. I knew that. I let my thoughts guide me as I remembered flashback of my life before. A small smile spread across my face when I remembered Sporter, Kai's dog. Kai. I let out a deep breath, knowing full well that even though I wished for true love- my heart had never left him. He was still everywhere, and places were tainted with memories with him.

As I stared out into the sky, I felt a presence arrive and I stiffened out. I didn't turn, in case it was nothing. I felt someone move behind and a sudden warmth radiated through my body as the person stood beside me. I could see him in my peripheral vision but I saw only his mask and I couldn't make out his face in the dark.

He didn't speak for a long time and I wondered if he thought I was someone else- because he was close. His shoulders were touching mine and as I tried to slip away, he spoke.

"Have you been getting my flowers?" He asked and I froze.

I know that voice, I thought.

Of course, I know that voice.

Suddenly, for no reason, I felt tears pouring out of my eyes. Kai was beside me and I didn't know how to process it, but his presence brought such a sadness that all I could do was stand still and let my tears fall down.

"Mhmm?" he asked gently, turning to me and that was when I could tell it was Kai. His lips, his nose and his eyes. Even behind the mask, I knew it was him. My heart broke a little more at how much I realized I missed him the past 5 years. For some reason, the emptiness I was feeling was washed away and it was just pain. My heart was twisting and I had to catch my breath, trying to breath.

I had worked for years, without knowing what I really wanted; trying to fill the emptiness with projects and work. I tried to see other people but it never worked out because something always felt wrong. But how is it that it's been 5 years, and just his mere presence made me so weak?

"Babo-yah." He whispered, turning me around so I could face him. With some swift move, his fingers glided over my cheek to wipe away the tears. "Only you would cry over something so trivial."

I couldn't even talk, breaking into a sob as my body trembled. I could smell his perfume, and I remembered I gave it to him on his birthday, it was the same scent. He smelled the same, he even felt the same.

Kai cupped my face and I was forced to look at him, realizing he removed his mask. The shape of his lips and the worry in his eyes stood out. He pulled my hair back with his fingers, his hands coming back down to cup my face as he looked down at me.

"You look so beautiful today."

That was all he said before swooping down and placing a kiss against my lips, his hands moving to the back of my head as he brought me closer. It was a gentle kiss, his lips moving against mine as he deepened it, my body stumbling forward as I pressed my body against his.

How the world stopped...

How the world seemed so small.

And how my heart soared at the feeling of completion.

He broke the kiss and leaned his forehead against mine, his breath hot and heavy as we stood there for a moment. He pecked my lips one more time and my head arched up, searching for his lips before they found his again. Kissing me once more before breaking it again he spoke.

"Happy birthday."

His hands dropped down, circling his arms around my waist as he laid his head on top of mine before rocking me back and forth.

"You don't know how long I've waited for this day. You don't know how hard I've worked so I can come back to you without feeling like an asshole." He murmured and it seemed like he was talking to himself.

"You don't know how hard I've loved you the past 5 years. I think about you all the time, and when I wasn't thinking of you I was doing my best for you."

I was going to tear up again when he stepped backwards, his hands holding mine. His eyes suddenly turned serious but all I had in my mind was that I wanted to go back into his arms and never let him go.

"So I'm going to ask you one question. And if you say no, I'll ask you again. If you refuse, I'll just try until you don't." He began and my eyes widened.

"I don't want to ever be apart from you. I've learned my lesson. I can't look at anyone other than you and I know that I am madly, truly, utterly in love with you. So...."

He slowly moved away, lowering himself on one knee and my jaw dropped.

"5 years not being with you was my punishment."

"Will you marry me?"

The world was no longer spinning and I just stood there stupidly as he took out a ring. I couldn't move, I hadn't said a single word since he showed up and to get married just like that didn't make sense. But why did it feel right?

"Will you be able to handle me?" I whispered, sniffling and he smiled before nodding.

"What if one day you wake up and don't want me anymore?" I asked again and he shook his head.

"What if I am the one who falls out of love with you? What if I'm the one who wakes up and no longer wants to be with you?"

"Then I'll fight for you. I'll make you fall in love with me again. I'll do it every day." Kai said and I felt the tears coming again, another wash of emotions running through my body.

"What if... What if..." I heaved a breath, another sob escaping my lips. "What if I one day, I no longer make you happy?"

"Never going to happen."

"What if one day..." I swallowed, my shoulders heaving. "You fall in love with someone else?"

"I promise to fall in love with you all over again every day." He said back and I cried.

I cried so hard, I could no longer see him. He was just there, not moving. Keeping his stance on one knee before I nodded.

"Yes."

"Yes?" He asked, his voice rising and I nodded, confirming it to him.

"Yes."

He could hardly contain his happiness, slipping the expensive ring onto my finger before jumping up to engulf me into his arms. I continued to cry and only stopped when he pressed his lips against my eyes, whispering to me how much he loved me his heart was going to burst.

And away from the balcony, I didn't know that Baekhyun and Yixing was standing there as they watched me be a horrible mess.

"I knew she would say yes." Yixing said, a smile on his lips as he watched Kai twirl me around.

"It was always Kai for her." Baekhyun agreed before turning around. "Well, drinks?" He asked Yixing who gave us a final look and nodded.

"Drinks."

________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note: 

Don't forget to vote this chapter! It'd mean so much! <3 

Do show me some support! <3 I know I'm new on wattpad, and would love to be friends! Send me some fanfiction to read and we should support each other!