Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

I breathed a sigh of relief as I tied off the last strand of beads on Nina's dress. The beads sparkled in the light of the dusk sun that drifted in through the window. The soft light on Ian's side of the room didn't tarnish the glimmer of the beads. It was such a divine sight with the contrast of midnight blue georgette of the fabric underneath.

Rising from my seat, I placed the gown on the adjusted mannequin to fit Nina's measurements perfectly. Standing back, even I was in awe of my own handiwork. The shimmering beauty that looked ready for a Queen or even a Deity come to earth. Nina would surely be a magnificent sight at the ball.

A smile came to me as I felt Ian's arms wrap around me from behind. "You've done more than I believe Nina was hoping for. It's absolutely gorgeous." His breath sent shivers down my spine as it graced the side of my neck.

"You think she'll like it?" A little of my self-consciousness coming out as I stared at the gown.

Ian leaned his chin down on my shoulder. I felt the smile even though I couldn't see it from this angle we were in. "She will more than love it." I gave him a small nod, though there was still this fear that there was something about it she wouldn't like and I had to fix. Some detail I might have left out and she'd be mad at me.

My breath sucked in as he spun me around and his eyes look deeply into mine. A hand cupped around my head and his other was spread out over my shoulder blades. His eyes glowed with his wolf that caught my breath and made my legs clench in wanting as he and his wolf were the only ones that knew to do that with just a look.

"Mate, we feel your dark thoughts and smell the fear behind them." He leaned his forehead against mine. "Use us to take away that darkness and fear."

I shifted and wrapped my arms around him and held him tightly. Taking a huge breath of his scent and let that settle deep within my soul were I let it give me strength. A strength I will always have and never tire of getting from him. He held me just as tightly.

"Thank you." My words were soft and heartfelt.

"Always, Love."

He was the one to reluctantly move away from me. I could have us stay like that for days if it were up to me. To hide from the world and have it just us forever. Alas, that is not how the world works. Not with his responsibilities with his pack and his position. I was the only one of us that now had the flexibility to just vegetate if I so wished.

"Dinner's ready upstairs." Before I could move, he knelt and I yelped as he bent me over his shoulder. He stood straight up and walked out of the office carrying me like a sack of potatoes over his shoulder. I giggled when he lightly smacked my rear just before he ascended the stairs to the main level.

At the top of the stairs, he set me down and I just smiled up at him as he ascended the last step. He smiled down at me and bent down slightly to give me a gentle yet firm kiss. One I was so happy to be used to now. One that made me not care about anything that was going on with my family as all that mattered was him and I together.

Moving away from for a step, I felt something pulse around me. The pulse made me stumble and fall to the ground. Ian tried to reach for me, but the pulse pushed him away from me. He was flung back against the glass window just above the doors to the deck. My wrist of my arms were being held down against the bamboo floorboards as I struggled against the unseen restraints.

NOO!!! I refuse to be taken away from him again!!!

I felt a surge of power burst from within me and a soft lavender and aqua blue light brightened around my skin. The power I feared all my life and was made to fear by my Mother and Grandmother coming forth. I didn't hinder it at all either. It was part of me and I'm fully ready to embrace every part of myself. The strength that Ian gave me downstairs added to the strength this power was giving me. The time was now for me not have fear of anything.