Ambush

Be up to Chapter 50 for this chapter!!

Updates might be little slow for a bit! I'm still trying to find a rhythm since school started again 😬

By Yona's orders, the Dark Dragon and Happy Hungry Bunch "attacked" multiple villages that the fire soldiers were tormenting. We'd play the role of the bad guys but protect the villagers at the same time. That way if anything happened, the villagers could blame it on us.

It was a good plan. But, it's hard not to laugh when you're angrily handing kids candy and telling them you'll beat up anyone who tries to take it.

At the moment, we're trying to debate who will go to Shuu village and who will stay here, at Katan village.

"Shuu village is kind of far. Jea-Ha will need to carry people in his back. So it can't be anyone too heavy." Yoon explains.

"So what? I'm a horse now?" Jea-Ha irks, his eyebrow twitching.

"Don't scrunch your face now. You'll get wrinkles." I tease, pointing a finger at him. "No! Not my beautiful face!" Jea-Ha says dramatically.

"Shut it you two." Yoon scolds, scanning the group for possible candidates.

"Most of us should go to Shuu Village while two or three stay here. The more people at Shuu, the sooner the job will be finished and the sooner they can come back here to Katan." I suggest, knowing full well Yona is staying here and some people are anxious about leaving her.

"Yona's staying, obviously. So who's going to stay with her?" Yoon asks.

"What? No! I want to come." Yona exclaims.

"Ah, come on Yona. There's a chance of running into soldiers and it's far. Plus, we shouldn't bring more people then we have to. Besides, I'll be staying with you! We can have some girl time!" I smile, placing a hand on Yona's shoulder who quickly sighs in defeat.

"Hm, yeah, I agree. Okay! Yona, Yuri and Shin-Ah can stay here at Katan. The rest will come with me to Shuu." Yoon declares. My eyes travel over to Hak who looks like he's contemplating on what to say next.

"I entrust the Princess to you two then." Kija says, placing a hand on both our shoulders. "Dontcha worry bout a thing! I won't let her out of my sight!" I say reassuringly with a smile.

As they all start walking off I look over to Hak who looks surprisingly calm. Maybe he's finally warming up to letting other protecting Yona.

After Jea-Ha, Hak, Zeno, Kija, and Yoon leave, we all sit in front of a house. I pat Yona's head as she continues to pout about having to stay here.

"Can't be helped, I guess." She says. I notice as her eyes travel over to Shin-Ah who was playing with Ao. She not-so-stealthily tries to grab his sword, resulting in him jumping into the air. "Please, Shin-Ah! I want to practice!" Yona begs. Shin-Ah shakes his head back and forth at 100 miles per hour and I shake my head with a smile.

'She really wants to learn swordsmanship, huh?' I ask myself.

"Say, Yona, I saw a river while I was scouting once. You wanna go?" I ask, sending Yona a suggestive look. "Umm, okay." Yona says, not sure what the look in my eyes is about. "Great! Shin-Ah, no looking." I say, sending a warning look to Shin-Ah who nods. I grab my scythe and rest it on my shoulder, motioning Yona to follow me.

Yona follows me through the forest and once we get into a clearing, I stop. "Huh? Why'd you stop Yuri?" Yona asks, peaking over my shoulder.

"Yona, I can't necessarily teach you how to use a sword. For I don't use one myself. But, I can train you." I say, a shadow covering my eyes knowing full well some people are going to hate me if they find out.
Yona's eyes gleam as sparkles appear. She starts to slightly bounce on her toes in excitement.