Ch 11- Lacrimosa Once Again

"Katrina! Katerina! Please, answer me!" Sebastian called desperately. He had felt the line go completely dead, as in she did not have his mark anymore, but some part of him was hoping he was wrong.

"Sebastian, what in this dark Hell is going on? Why are you shouting and what happened to Katerina?" Claude asked.

"I do not know!" he replied, his thoughts jumbled. "She tried to reach out to me but something cut her off! I have to go find her!"

"Stop and think for a moment!" Claude said, making him do just that. "You will never get anywhere near her if you go into Heaven eyes blazing and fangs bared."

"I know... but I need to find her. She is my wife," he said desperately.

"That is why I am going with you," Claude stated. "I will meet you at the border." He pulled out of the mind link.

"Thank you, brother," he half smiled before setting off into flight.

******

He landed at the border just as Claude came racing up and skidded to a stop. He tucked his wings away. "Thank you for coming."

"Not much of a choice, really," Claude replied. "She is one of few people around here who are even remotely interesting."

"You have feelings for her," he said as Claude stepped toward the border. It was hardly a question. He already knew Claude did. Claude stopped mid step and looked at him, slightly nervous. "I am not angry at you for it. Kat is an easy person to fall for and even harder to get over. I would be a hypocrite if I denied that."

"Good," Claude said, his posture softening slightly. "Let us go find her, then."

They both moved toward the border, but were stopped by the sound of flapping wings. They were hopeful it was Katerina, but instead a man neither of them wanted to see landed in front of them.