Ch 13- I Will Love This Worlds Beauty

Katerina had a fun time hearing what happened to her from Sebastian as he retold Claude. She knew it was just as hard for both of them, but it still hurt to hear. At least she got a short break after they had to help Claude stop from freaking out and when she changed into some of the clothes he had broughten for her. She was surprised they fit so well, but since Sebastian had told him her size over the phone, it was not too much of a stretch.

She came into the living room, which looked just as expensive as the rest of the house and not furnished unlike the bedroom, wearing a gray sweatshirt that was both loose and form fitting with black sweats and socks. She was not used to the fabric, but it was soft, warm, and the colors matched her mood.

Claude and Sebastian looked up at her as she entered, both sitting on opposite sides of the room, and stood at the same time.

She could see Claude was unsure of what to do with himself. His hands were clenching and unclenching repeatedly at his sides. She was in the same boat. It was hard to look them in the eye, knowing that they knew the truth.

"You do not have to stand there," Sebastian said after a moment, watching her play with her fingers. "Come and sit down."

She walked hesitantly over to where Sebastian was standing. She could have sat in a different chair or couch, but it would have been strange considering he was her husband and there was a seat right next to him. He placed his arm around her shoulder and his hand on her elbow as he helped her sit down.

Ever fiber of her being wanted her to sit stiffly and not allow her to relax, but that was impossible when sitting next to Sebastian. As soon as her body was next to his, her tense muscles relaxed and she settled in next to him as she tucked her legs to the side beneath her and laid her head on his shoulder. She noticed he was stiff at first as well, clearly not used to the close contact, but relaxed just as quickly as she did. He wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her closed before taking her hand as he interlocked their fingers.

She noticed a strange look in Claude's eyes as he watched them, but it was gone just as quickly as it came.

"So," Claude said after some time, "what happened to the... um.... baby?"

"I buried him," she explained, her throat tight. "While I was searching, I came across a field. It was barren, due to the fact it is winter, but I knew there would be flowers in the spring. The ground was hard, but I eventually dug a hole deep enough and placed the box in it. I had to crush the ground I had dug up to cover it again."

"How did you manage that?" Sebastian asked. She looked down at her hands, most of her fingers bandaged tightly. He sighed as he picked up the hand he was not holding and gently kissed the back of it. "The things you had to deal with all on your own...." After a moment, he opened his mouth to say something more, but the phone rang in the other room. He had the intention of letting the person give up, but they called a second time. He sighed as he disentangled himself from her. "I will be right back."

An awkward silence unfolded after Sebastian left the room. She and Claude looked everywhere else in the room except each other.

"I had feelings for you," Claude admitted in a low voice. She looked at him in surprise, but his eyes were on the floor. "I knew it was not fair to my brother, especially considering you were... are his wife, but I could not seem to stop myself. I understand if you feel repulsed by this."

"I knew," she said. It was Claude's turn to look at her in surprise. "I knew when you made me kiss you. I am not repulsed, though." His lips were parted in shock. "Saying I am repulsed by you would be the same as being repulsed by Sebastian."

Claude looked completely at a lose for words. When he finally found them, Sebastian walked back into the room.

Sebastian looked completely angry at the phone call he had just had, judging by the look on his face. He kneeled down in front of her and sighed. "I have to go to an overnight business meeting."