Ch 8- The Secrets You Gave Me

Ash, Helena, and Jasper stared at the other Angel in shock. They sat there for a moment before they all jumped up and rushed out the door, leaving Arthur staring after them in surprise.

Helena clutched Paris in her arms as she, her husband, and her daughters ex-boyfriend ran to the lobby. When they reached it, they froze when they saw Katerina sitting in a plush white chair, her legs crossed and her hands in her lap.

Katerinas face was slightly dirty, there were leaves caught in her blonde hair, and her wings were slightly disheveled. However, she had never looked more beautiful to Ash.

Katerina looked up at them when she felt their eyes on her and her amethyst eyes glistened with unshead tears. She stood from her chair and walked over to them while they ran to her.

Helena wrapped her arms around her daughter and Jasper did the same so their children were sandwiched between them.

"Please stop crying, Mother. I am sorry I left," Katerina whispered in Helenas ear when she heard her sobbing. "I was just-."

"We know, baby," Helena cried. "We know. We do not blame you." When they eventually pulled apart, she wiped a tear away from her daughters eye and let Jasper hold her.

Katerina looked over at Ash, who had not taken his eyes off her, and walked over to him. She looked up at him, her eyes somehow both hard and soft, and gently hugged him. Ash wrapped his arms tightly around her, as if he were afraid she would disappear into a puff of smoke.

"I missed you so much," Ash whispered in Katerina's ear.

"I missed you, too," Katerina said after a pause. In all the hugs, tears, and sentimental words, no one noticed the ring glistening off her finger.

*********************

"Ah, so this is the lovely young Katerina," Katerina heard off to the side.

She looked over to see Arthur standing there, a partial smile on his face. She pulled away from Ash as he walked over to them.

"You must be Sir Giles. I would shake your hand, but my gloves are dirty, I am afraid," she said, feeling a little awkward that her fathers boss was shorter than her.

"Oh, that is perfectly fine," Arthur chuckled. "Would you mind coming into my office for a chat?"

"I would honestly rather go home, Sir," she replied.

"I completely understand," Arthur smiled. She smiled back slightly. "This will not take long." Her smile fell as he put his arm around her shoulder and led her away. She looked back to her parents who could only shrug at his sudden need for conversation. He took her to his office and shut the door behind them. "So," he took a seat behind his desk and gestured for her to sit down, which she did, with no other choice, "your parents tell me you have been missing for three days now. Can you tell me what happened?"

"As per the agreement I made with the Demon King, I returned to Hell for the one day of the month I am spend with him. He decided he wanted me to stay permanently and locked me in a cell he had in his home. After some time, I persuaded him to let me go," she explained. She was not technically lying, she was just leaving out a few details.

"You must be a very persuasive girl for the Demon King to have let you go without a scratch on you," Arthur stated.

She nearly reached back and touched the scars she had on her back from where Sebastian had clawed her, but she restrained herself. "Yes, I suppose so."

The room was quiet for some time before Arthur spoke. "I hear you are to be an Arc Angel during the Ceremony of Grace. You must be excited about that."