|chapter 36|

The doctor comes out the room and looks at avni and reyansh. As the doctor came out avni rushed to him..

Avni : doctor is he okay?

Doctor : may I know who are you?

Avni looks there and there but snaps her head as reyansh answered behalf. She wasn't shocked because he answered but what he said

Reyansh: she is his wife.. Mrs khanna.. how is Neil?

Doctor : oh! You're Mrs khanna.. can I have a word with you please?

Avni couldn't resister what just happened.. was she really his wife? They are not even on terms to each other..

Avni comes back to earth as she felt a hand on her shoulder..

Avni looks at reyansh who gave a nod to her..

Avni nodded her head at the doctor who asks her to follow him to his cabin.. avni follows the doctor..

Doctor : take a seat Mrs khanna..

Avni sat down and looks at the doctor..

Avni : doctor is he okay? Why did you bring me here?

Doctor : he is okay at least for now but it won't last for very long... I don't scare you Mrs khanna but can I ask you some personal questions?

Avni nodded her head but the fears was building up in her body..

Doctor : are you aware of mr khanna drinking habit or taking pills of depression and sleeping?

Avni's eyes widen hearing the doctor.. how would she know that when she wasn't even with him?

Avni : no doctor! But I have seen him taking sleeping pills once.. I have also found bottle of them in his drawer.. about the depression pills and drinking habits I have no idea.. I know he occasionally drinks but not this far...

Doctor : Mrs khanna... he has been taking a lot of drugs in his body which has affected his body in many different ways.... I would highly recommend him stop all these.. don't let him take the those pills again or drink... it can affect a lot later... his reports are not so good either.. he can have some organ failure if he doesn't stop... fortunately it hasn't affected him that much expect him getting unconscious on a daily bases... even last time he was admitted to hospital by someone because they found unconsciously lying on the road... please take care of him... I would also suggest to do something that keeps him away from stress.. it's not good for him or his health... earlier on I have spoken to Neil also.. but it looks he hasn't taken his health seriously... it can affect him a lot later... please take care of him before we lose him..

Avni controlling her tears and the pain that was happening in her heart nodded her head.. thanking and assuring the doctor comes out of the cabin and went reyansh..

Reyansh saw avni looking lost and walking..

Reyansh: avni! What did the doctor say? What happened to him? When will he get his conscious back?

He bombarded with some questions but avni didn't give any heed to him but stopped the at the room and glanced Neil through the glass  who was laying down on the bed with machine attached and his both hand bandaged... a tear rolled down her cheeks and stares him..

A minute later avni diverts her gaze as she felt a hand on her shoulder.. she turns her around and saw reyansh worried..

Reyansh: you okay?

Avni shook her head and crashing into his arms cried... reyansh starts caressing her back to her calm her down..

Hugging avni reyansh took her to beach and made her sit..

Three hours later Neil got his conscious back... doctor checking Neil allowed avni in to see Neil.. reyansh thought to leave them alone and kissing Avni's forehead left the hospital..

Avni holding her breath up pushed the door and got inside and saw Neil lying down and staring the ceiling.

Neil's gaze turns at the door as he felt someone's presence.. he was surprised seeing avni.. he never expected her to be there... he wasn't worried knowing she knows why he was in the hospital...

They both stares each other before Neil looked away making avni feel hurt...

Avni moves to the stool and sat down.. she stares at Neil..

Avni : how are feeling now? Do you need something?

Neil : I'm fine.. no I don't need anything... how did I landed up here? I don't remember anything.

Avni : I brought you here....

Neil : how? When?

Avni : 5 hours ago! I went to your apartment and saw unconsciously lying down in your room..

Neil looks at her...

Neil: you shouldn't have brought me here avni... nothing was going to happen to me.. I just unconscious there... I could got my conscious back.. you didn't had to bring me here...

Avni : Neil why? Why did you do that? Why didn't you tell me?

Neil : how does it matter avni?

Avni : it does matter Neil... it does... Why didn't you tell? You left me because Juhi...

Neil's eyes widen.. he stares her with his mouth open... he never expected her to know why he left on their engagement day...

Neil : how?

Avni : jasmine told me.... She didn't  tell me the whole truth Neil... but I know why you left me that day.... Was our love that weak... you let her destroy us.. you let Juhi break us apart Neil... why Neil?

Neil didn't say a word but stares her....

Neil was discharged from the hospital after few hours later.. he did get lots of scolding from the doctor for being careless...

Avni sat next him on the bed and starts feeding him the fruits..

Neil: you know that you don't have to do this... he must be waiting for you... you shouldn't worry a guy like me who has hurt you a lot..

Avni silently fed him.. Neil ate the fruit and taking the medicine fell into deep sleep..

Avni pecking his forehead and taking the plates walks out of the room...

She kept used plates and glasses in sink... she was going to wash them when the door bell rang...

She goes and opens the to find reyansh with them... her eyes immediately the innocent eyes who was staring her cutely...

Reyansh: I'm sorry... they kept asking about you and I can't keep them away from bringing them...

Avni looks at everyone then at reyansh who mouthed sorry to her... avni shook her head allowed everyone in but stopped looking at reyansh who stood at the door with the innocent child in his arms....

Avni looks at the child before spreading her arms out and embracing the child tightly making the child giggle under her arms.. avni kissed top of his head and let her tears flow as she heard him giggling...

Reyansh looks at them and smiles seeing their reunite....

How was the chapter?

What will happen next?

Did you enjoy the chapter?

Vote and inline comments.

Ishqezain1805 Bubbleybunnies