Chapter 33: Thank You

"Mew..." I called him while we are walking towards his car but he didn't speak. "Mew let me go-"

"I am not letting you go." he answered as he looked at me with bloodshot eyes. He immediately clicked on his car key and opened the gunshot seat for me. "Get in." he commanded but I refused. "Gulf please..."

"Mew what are we going to talk about?"

"A lot! Okay!? We have to talk about everything! Now please get in that damn car while I'm asking nicely because I'm so mad right now! So mad that I can kill someone!" he ran his fingers through his hair, frustration was evident in his voice. "Please... go inside." he pleaded and it's like a command that I can't say no to.

I slowly went in of his car and he closed the door immediately. His familiar perfume invaded my sense of smell as I surveyed the insides of his car. There is nothing much inside aside from a box of tissue, shades and some coins.

I heard the other door opened and he immediately went inside, locking eyes with mine. I took a deep breath as I avoided his gaze but it was immediately connected once again when he reached for the seat belts beside me.

"Mew..." I gently said because he's too close.

His jaw was still clenched when he got back on his seat and fixed his seat belt. Mew started the engine and we instantly left the place— having no idea where he's going to take me.

"Where are you taking me?" I finally asked and he heaved a sigh before gripping tighter on the steering wheel.

"To my house."

"What the hell? Mew just drop me somewhere. I'm tired and I want to go home."

"After you told me everything? The hell I'm letting you go. We are going to talk about everything that has happened and that's final."

"Mew-"

"Please... I just want to talk. Give this to me." he pleaded once again and I was uttered speechless by how his voice sounded. It screams sadness and pain— the kind of voice that I never heard from him. He sounded so weak for a second as he drove past the cars like they are nothing to him.

I stayed silent for the whole time I'm inside his car. My thoughts wondered about his reactions earlier and it bothers me that he cried in front of me. His eyes looked so sad but I guess those tears are for the old Mew. His old wounds were reopened and scraped once again. His wounds that he thought that healed years ago like mine was then again bleeding at that very moment.

I honestly don't know why he needs me to be with him right now but I guess my old self wants to go with him too... because this way, I can feed my fantasies and fulfill my broken hopes; that for a short period of time, I can be with him again. Even if it's not permanent... even if it's just for the time being, even I refuse to acknowledge it, I know my old self wants that.

I bitterly smiled as I stared at him longer than I should have. This very man sitting beside me is also the man that I loved so much that it drowned me from too much emotions. He showered me with love and care that I needed that time and it made me love him even more. Mew is the best example of someone that can give everything to me but I refused to be with him. I refused because the odds are against us. I refused because unlike him, I don't have the power yet to fight for our relationship. I wanted to... but I chose not to.

And I think everything I did lead him to who he is now. I might not have him in my life now but it's fine as long as he stays on the pinnacle of the industry he had chosen.

I bit my lip as I tore my eyes off him. I leaned back on the passenger's seat as I stared on the setting sun on the West. Somehow, the orange skies calmed my nerves that were once trembling because of his presence. He may have changed but I know he can't hurt a person... he won't hurt me— physically.