STAKE

Damon and Alaric ran out of the car and went ahead with their plan, leaving Elena and I sitting in the car.
"So, you wanna listen to some music?" I asked her, looking over my shoulder into the back seat.
"How can you stay so calm? Something could very easily go wrong in there. They need us." Elena huffed.
"Elena, I get it. I know. And it's not like I'm not worried too," I sighed. "But Damon told us we had to stay in the car so that's what we're going to do. Now, do you want to listen to some music or not?"
She rolled her eyes before sitting back in the chair without saying a single word.

I looked down at  Alaric's bag that was sitting on the passenger seat and noticed a syringe, which was full of vervain, lying next to a stake. I picked them up and looked out the window, to the direction of the house.
"What are you doing?" Elena asked me as she glanced down at the weapons in my hands.
"Come on." I said, passing her the syringe and sticking the stake in the pocket of my jacket.
"What? Why?" She demanded.
"Oh, come on. Don't chicken out on me now." I groaned as I opened my door and stepped out into the pouring rain.
Elena took a deep breath before getting out of the car.
"Let's go." She sighed.

"I'll go in through the back door. You go in through the basement." I advised before we started running towards the house.

When we got there, I hugged Elena tightly before we went our separate ways. I ran round to the back and noticed that the door leading into the kitchen was wide open but nobody was in there. A food processor was running and the water was pouring from the kitchen sink. I took a step inside when I heard a voice calling, "Billy, what's the hold up?" followed by footsteps getting closer and closer to the kitchen. In a state of sheer panic, I ran back outside and hid round the corner of the door. 

Cautiously, I peaked my head round the corner to see one of the vampires switching off the food processor and turning the kitchen tap off. He looked to the storage cupboard and slowly made his way to it. I jumped out of my skin when Damon kicked open the door to the storage cupboard, hitting the vampire in the face before staking him through the heart.

That was so hot!

Damon's eyes darted to me as I stepped back into the kitchen and he gave me a look that said, 'What the hell are you doing here?'

I grabbed the stake from my pocket and threw it up into the air before catching it, smiling at him as I did so. 
"Are you insane?" He mouthed.
"Maybe." I mouthed back at him.
Quickly, he grabbed my hand and led me down into the basement but there was a vampire down there.

Shit, where's Elena?

Suddenly, the vampire stood up from his seat and slowly started walking down the dark hallway. When he reached the door that Damon and I were behind, I went up behind him and staked him through the heart, watching as he hell to his knees before finally hitting the floor. I grabbed the stake from his body and looked over at Damon who looked both impressed and pissed off.

I can't believe I just did that. I killed a vampire!

"Luna? Thank God!" I heard Elena's voice. I looked down the hallway and saw Elena running towards me before she wrapped her arms around me.
"Seriously? Both of you came?" Damon asked in an angry tone.
"I couldn't leave you." I told him.
"And I wanted to help find Stefan." Elena added.
"I'm pretty good with a stake though, aren't I?" I smirked at him.

He looked me up and down before grabbing my hand and leading Elena and I into a dimly lit room, where we found Stefan hanging from a rope by his hands, and another vampire sitting in front of him tied to the chair.
Stefan looked at Elena and I, worriedly.

"What are you guys doing here?" He asked.
"Apparently they don't know how to follow instructions." Damon huffed as he grabbed his stake a pointed it at the vampire sitting in the chair.
"No, leave him! He tried to help me. He's not with them." Stefan insisted. Damon raised an eyebrow before raising a hand to untie Stefan.
"Stop!" Stefan told him. "There's vervain on the ropes."
"Elena, pull that." Damon demanded. Elena ran to the rope and pulled it from the wall, allowing Stefan to fall to the floor.