MY BROTHER AND MY BEST FRIEND

About an hour after Caroline's little declaration of love, Elena and I approached the restroom together.
"Do you have any spare lipstick I could borrow?" Elena asked me. With a smile, I grabbed my signature red lipstick from my pocket and held it out.
"Actually, I was thinking something a little more... subtle." She giggled.
"Oh, can't help you there, Plain Jane." I scoffed, stuffing my lipstick back into my pocket as she opened the door to the ladies' room.

However, we saw Caroline and Matt making out in the middle of the room. They both turned and looked at us, embarrassed.
"Oh, my God! Sorry!" Elena laughed as she grabbed my wrist and dragged me out the room beside her.
Elena and I giggled as we walked away from the restroom, hand in hand. That was when Bonnie approached us.

"Heading for the ladies' room?" I asked Bonnie.
"Yeah, why?" She furrowed her eyebrows.
"I wouldn't go in there," Elena grinned. "Caroline and Matt are-"
"In the bathroom?" Bonnie gasped, realising what was happening behind the door.
"If they're happy, I'm happy!" Elena shrugged her shoulders.

The three of us began walking in the opposite direction and I noticed a nervous expression crawl upon Bonnie's face.
"Hey, uh... Speaking of happy. Would it freak you guys out if I started dating your brother?" She asked us. 

We came to a halt as Elena and I turned to look at Bonnie.

"You're into Jeremy?" I confronted Bonnie, totally grossed out by the situation. I wasn't entirely sure if she was joking or if she was being serious.
"Look, I know it's weird. But he's been so good and strong. He makes me happy." Bonnie let out a sigh of relief, as if she had been dying to say these things to Elena and I for some time.

I glared at Bonnie, disgustedly, whereas Elena just stayed silent with her eyes on the floor.
"Please say something." She begged us.
"Bonnie, he has had more pain in his life than a hundred people's worth of pain and... He deserves to be with someone as amazing as you." Elena told Bonnie, finally looking up from the ground.

I scoffed as I looked at Elena.
"Really?" I asked her.
"Really." Elena answered.
"I can't believe this." I laughed angrily before strutting away from them.

I wandered towards the bar and noticed that the guy who had a crush on me was working that night.
"Hey, Luna! What'll it be?" He asked me as he wiped a glass with a towel and put it back where it belonged.
"Bourbon." I answered before looking down at my phone as it started vibrating in my hand.
It was a text from Damon.

'From: Damon

Are you still at the Grill?'

Before I even had the chance to respond, I felt that all too familiar breath down my neck, giving me goose pimples.
I lifted the glass of bourbon to my lips and took a sip before looking up at Jared, who was looking at the person standing behind me. Judging by his almost scared look and the fact that he ended up walking towards the other side of the bar, I was going to go out on a limb and guess that it was Damon standing behind me.

"What don't you understand about girls' night?" I asked, not taking my eyes away from the bar.
"Well, where are the girls? You're sitting here all alone, drinking by yourself." Damon sat down beside me.
"Bonnie has a crush on my brother." I told him before downing the rest of my bourbon.
"She likes Jeremy?" He scoffed. "But he's so annoying!"
"Hey! That's still my brother." I reminded him.

"So, I guess you're pissed with Bonnie." He said, placing a hand on my leg.
"I know I shouldn't be. If they like each other then who am I to stop them from being together? That'd be like the time I told Jenna that you and I were together. Jeremy and I are so close. Much closer than him and Elena. We understand each other. I don't want to stop him from being with someone that he likes. But I can't help but feel so angry." I sighed, looking Damon in the eyes.

"You're angry because that's your little brother and your best friend. I can't believe I'm saying this but drinking isn't going to help." He told me.
I looked at him before the two of us burst out into a fit of laughter.
"Drinking... isn't going to help?" I repeated his words whilst trying to control my laughter.
"Yeah, who do I think I am?" He cracked up.

"Jared," I called down to the other side of the bar. "We'll have two more bourbons."