FOUNDERS' DAY

*Damon's POV*

It was Founders' Day. Luna had called me that morning complaining about the heavy old fashioned dress she had to wear for the float. Obviously, Caroline had forced her into it. But I was sure she looked beautiful. It had been a few days since Isobel told Luna that I was in love with her and neither of us had brought it up. This made me think that the feeling was not mutual, which was a good thing! It meant that nobody would get hurt and I wouldn't have to tell her that we couldn't be together.

"What are you doing here?" Stefan asked me as I approached him outside the school.
"Why wouldn't I be here? Bonnie deactivated the Gilbert invention, Isobel's gone, and it's Founders' Day! I'm here to eat cotton candy and hook up with Luna behind the floats." I joked.
"You know, she's here with Tyler, right? He was supposed to be her escort." Stefan reminded me.
"Yeah, only because they broke up after she signed herself up for all this," I chuckled. "Look, I'm the better, hotter, superior choice! And you're scared now that Katherine's out of the picture that I'm gonna turn all of my attention onto one of the Gilbert twins and that I'm going to hurt her." 

"Is that why you're in love with her? Because she looks like Katherine?" Stefan asked me.
"Is that a serious question? Stefan... Luna is not Katherine." I told him.

That was when I saw her at the corner of my eye. Stefan and I both turned to look at Luna as she approached us and she looked exactly like Katherine in her 1800s style dress and her hair all curled. I couldn't believe my eyes for a second. Luna looked up and smiled at me as I looked at her in awe.

 Luna looked up and smiled at me as I looked at her in awe

"There you are! Caroline has been looking for you." Elena told Luna as she ran towards her.
"Hey, uh... Can we actually have a word with you guys first?" Stefan asked the twins. They nodded their heads and came closer to us.
"Damon figured out a couple nights ago who, uh... Who your father is." Stefan told them. Luna looked at me, her lips parted as if she wanted to say something.

"Well, tell us! Who is it?" Elena demanded.
Stefan looked at me, asking me to tell them.
"John Gilbert." I revealed. Luna looked as if she was going to be sick.
"John?" Elena repeated in disbelief.
"Of all people, it had to be John?" Luna groaned, her face turning pale.
"Is that even possible?" Elena asked Stefan.

"Well, there's no proof. But Isobel dated John when she was a teenager and he was the one who brought her to your dad's office for the delivery." Stefan explained.
"My whole life, I've hated this guy." Luna huffed.
"I'm sorry." Stefan sighed.
"Don't be," Elena told him. "I'm glad you told us."
"I just really hope that it's not true." Luna scoffed.

"What are we supposed to do? Do we just confront him and say, 'Are you our biological father'?" Elena asked.
"I guess, when you're ready." I added, keeping my eyes glued to Luna.
"We're never going to be ready. We have enough problems with the family we actually care about. Jeremy hates us, and why wouldn't he? My journal gave him every single reason to. He's never going to forgive us for taking away his memory, for lying to him!" Elena looked as if she was about to cry.