DOOM AND GLOOM

"You were supposed to leave." Damon sighed as he closed the front door and saw me sitting on the sofa in the living room.
"I did. But then I came back to see if you were okay but you were already gone." I informed him, handing him a glass of bourbon.
"I appreciate the gesture. I'm just glad it's all over." He told me.
"You know I don't believe that." I scoffed, watching him down the glass of bourbon and place it on the table.
"Go home, Luna. Get some rest. It's a whole new day tomorrow." He insisted.
"Damon, I'm your girlfriend." I reminded him, folding my arms across my chest as I disobeyed his orders.

"I'm well aware of that." He told me.
"And a girlfriend usually knows when their boyfriend is hurting. Just like you'd know if I was hurting." I said.
"What do you want to hear? That I cared about Rose? That I'm upset? Well, I didn't and I'm not." He lied as he turned his back and started to walk away from me.
"There you go! Pretending not to care, pretending not to feel! Damon, you're so close. Don't give up." I begged him. 

He turned round to look at me, annoyed.
"I feel, Luna... Okay? And it sucks! What sucks even more is that it wasn't supposed to be her! Jules was coming after me! But I wasn't even here because I was with you!" He yelled at me.
"You feel guilty." I muttered. 
"That would be human of me, wouldn't it, Luna? And I'm not human. You're one to talk about giving up. All you've done is give up! Go home," He demanded. "There's been enough doom and gloom and personal growth for one night."

I looked at him as I grabbed my jacket from the sofa.
"Okay, I will." I sighed. I gave him another look before pulling him into a hug. 

"Goodnight, Damon

"Goodnight, Damon." I whispered into his ear before walking away from him.