18: Write About Three Realistic Goals you Would Like to Achieve in Your Lifetime

"- Lord of Rivendell." There was quite a bit of clapping as Lord Elrond rose to his feet. Ereinion had placed a circlet on his head, called him a lord, and the people rejoiced. When did I ever want this? He looked over the crowd to find the King's advisor who now worked for him. Erestor. Glorfindel, who everyone knew, was also there. As if he wouldn't be.

        Even in this brief moment Elrond had time to assess this. When did he think this was a good idea? Never in my life would I have thought about being here right now. Never in my life would I have thought that this many people wanted to see me like this. As they say, never look a gift horse in the mouth. Still, I would have been happy working in the Library, staying as his herald, though he said I still was. I wonder if they push marriage now as well...

        Now there was something that Elrond didn't want to think about. Being forced to fall in love with someone for political gain. He never really understood that. I don't understand anything that has to do with love. I know one thing for sure, I never thought I would see myself standing here.

        The Lord and Lady of Lothlorien stood in the crowd, and their daughter was by their side. Celebrian. Their daughter Celebrian. There would be a forced marriage that I would be alright with. Oh if Ereinion could hear me now he would be laughing. Elrond brushed a lock of his hair out his eyes as Ereinion began a speech of some kind that he wasn't all that interested in.

        That something I want in my life. To marry her. No doubt that will never happen, but a Lord can dream... That, and being good at this. Hopefully that is something I can achiever. I suppose I should make it three. Elrond looked around to see if there was a source of inspiration anywhere. I want to make the third age peaceful.

        He closed his eyes in satisfaction. Yes, that sounds like a good list to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I liked this. It's pretty short though, oh well. It took me a long time to think about how to do this prompt, so I hope this turned out ok to you guys :3

~Megan