{ t r a i n t r a c k s }

》clementine's pov《

After a few minutes of walking in a dark and quiet city, I arrived at the place. I crossed the landfill and saw a small hill where Violet and I were sitting last time. I crossed the train tracks and saw someone's silhouette standing on a hill.

I smiled and climbed up the hill. The silhouette still didn't turn, so i got an idea...

Suddenly I jumped on the back of the person as an attempt to hug. As soon as I lifted both legs off the ground and transferred all my weight to the person, we both fell to the ground. I lay on the ground on my back and laughed. I turned my head toward the person sitting next to me and saw Violet laughing at me.

I sat down next to her and hugged her once more. This time without falling to the ground, because we were already sitting on it. Violet giggled a little. Awww. I lay down on the ground and leaned against my elbows. "So l... How come you haven't contacted me in the last ten days?"

Violet lay slowly beside me and sighed. "The day we left Louis's, I had a fightwith my mom... I was upset and the first thing I had by my hand was my phone, so I smashed it."

I rested my head on her shoulder. "May I ask... why did you gight?" Violet was silent for a moment. "My mom have problems with alcohol and she just gets drunk every day... She was drunk the night I came... I tried to talk her out of it, but she started screaming at me... She started screaming at me that I'm disappointed and other stuff like that... "I heard Violet 's voice break. It really hurt her.

"You can't listen to her when she's in this state. What she's saying isn't true." I put my hand around her waist. We lay like this for another few minutes until I decided to break the silence. "When we first met here... What were you actually doing here? On the train tracks..." Violet didn't wait long to answer my question.

"The train tracks are ... calming."

"I know... Just like talking to you."

I lifted my head from her shoulder and looked into her beautiful eyes. We just stared at each other for a moment until my gaze went to her lips. I just want to press mines on hers... They look so kissable.

Without turning my gaze back to her eyes, I slowly began to lean closer. I closed my eyes and in a moment I felt her smooth lips on mine. Our lips moved in rhythm until we broke away due to the need for oxygen.

"Holy shit..." Violet said, staring straight ahead in shock. I smiled a little. "That's romantic." Violet smiled as well. "I mean... holy shit." We made eye contact together and smiled at each other. I put my head back on her shoulder. "I've wanted to do this for a long time..." Violet chuckled. "Trust me. Me too." And we continued to lie on a blanket in the middle of a cold night.

~

"Wait! So you fell into a frozen lake?" Violet asked in shock after I told her what happened to me when I was eleven.

When I was eleven, we were in a small cottage with a few other random people. It was cold, so the huge lake in front of the cottage was frozen.

I don't know how, but it occurred to me to test how thick the ice was, so when no one was looking, I ran to the frozen lake. After a minute, I heard a crackle beneath my feet. Before I could look down, I fell into the icy water.

I could not think of nothing, because of the pain. I felt like someone had stabbed me with a thousand knives.

One woman, Jane, who was with us at the cottage saved me and everything went well. Actually, thanks to Jane saving me, I met her younger sister Jaimee, but I didn't tell Violet this part, and I don't plan to. It's in the past... Jaimee is dead to me.

Violet laughed with me and we continued to talk about funny moments that happened to us in the past.

-anna everett