{ n o t e }

》clementine's pov 《

A/N - face reveal¿

Ten days have passed since the sleepover at Louis. I haven't seen Violet since. I didn't get any message from her and she didn't even call me. Two days ago, I texted Louis if she was okay, and he said yes. It was embarrassing to ask what happened or why Violet wasn't texting me, so I rather didn't ask.

I turned off my computer after we finished the last online class. I sighed and laid my head on the board. I get up slowly from my chair and walk towards my bed, but at that moment someone rings the doorbell.

I groan and go downstairs so I can open the front door. I open the door and see James. I hugged him without hesitation. "Hey, James. What are you doing here? I thought you had a football game."

"Yes I do, but Violet asked me at school to give you this." James handed me a piece of paper. I took it slowly. "Um, thanks-"

"Bye!" James shouts and starts running away. I take a step out and wave at him. "Bye!"

I go back inside the house and close the door behind me. I'll look around me. Nobody anywhere. I jump quickly on the couch with a piece of paper and slowly open it.

-

Hey Clementine. Sorry I didn't texted or called, but the night we left Louis's I broke my phone. Tonight. Train tracks. Midnight.

-Violet

-

I smiled over a piece of paper and tucked it in my pocket. I heard someone stick the keys in the keyhole and unlock the door. I turned toward the door and saw Carley.

Apparently she was left work earlier than usual. She took off her shoes and took her coat. "Hi, Clem." I smiled at her. "Hi."

Carley came closer to me and sat down on the couch next to me. "Tired?" I asked her. She just nodded and laid her head on my shoulder. I yawned and my eyes began to blink slower and slower.

"Clem. Clementine!" Someone whispered in my ear. I opened my eyes and noticed that the sun was setting and my dad was standing next to me. I looked at him and raised an eyebrow. My dad pointed at the sleeping Carley. She was lying on the couch next to me, wearing a blanket. I got up from the couch and headed for the kitchen so I could see what time it was. It was nine o'clock in the evening. I won't lie, but I haven't slept much lately. I often think of someone ... Lee handed me dinner, which was cold, but I didn't complain.I ate dinner in silence while Lee was signing some papers next to me. I thanked for the food, washed the dirty dishes, and went into the room. Ahh three more hours. I can not wait. I jumped into my bed and turned on the TV. I didn't know what to do and one of the good ways to kill time. I turned on Netflix and watched a movie. The movie ended and I lay with my back on the bed while my legs were leaning against the wall. When I hear a knock on the door, I startle and quickly sit normally on the edge of the bed. The door opens and my dad walks in. "I'm going to bed, and so should you. Good night, Clementine." I smiled back at him. "Okay. Good night, Dad." Dad left and closed the door behind him. If he only knew in thirty minutes I'd sneak out. I got out of bed and tried to be as quiet as possible. The parquet under the carpet creaked, but not loud enough to wake anyone. I opened the closet and pulled out the hanger on which my dark blue hoodie was. I put it on and put on my baseball cap. I turned off the lights and pushed the door out of the door to see if anyone was in trouble. Nobody anywhere. I closed the door behind me and headed downstairs. "Shit!" I muttered when I accidentally kicked the table. It was dark everywhere, and all I saw were outlines and some light coming from a large window that led to our garden.
I put on my shoes and left the house quickly so that no one would catch me. I also put my hands in my pockets and went to the train tracks.

(a/n shorter chapter :(( NOT EDITED!!! hope you don't mind! ily)
-anna everett