{ a i r p l a n e }

sleepover part 3/3

》violet's pov《

I leaned slowly toward Clementine, but all my courage was gone, and instead of putting my lips on hers, I gave her a quick little kiss on her forehead and whispered. "Good night."

Clementine laughed a little quietly. "Good night to you too."

We each turned to the other side so that we wouldn't look at each other and close our eyes. After a few minutes of thinking about what I had just done, I finally fell asleep.

Sobbing. I hear someone sobbing. I open my eyes slowly and see that it is still night, because there is darkness everywhere.

I pause for a moment to hear what's happening around me.

Clementine... Is she crying?

Behind me, I hear someone crying softly. I don't think and turn slowly so that no one can hear me. What's happening? Did she have a nightmare? She needs someone...

I'll put my arm around her waist and pull her closer. "Shhh, it'll be fine." Clementine winced a little and slowly turned her head in my direction. "I'm sorry I woke you up, didn't I?"

"It's okay... Umm, do you want to talk about it?" I whisper. Clementine turns her whole body toward me and bows her head. "It's the nightmare... Still the same again and again." She laughed a little quietly. "Why am I telling you this? I know you don't care..."

I was shocked. "How can you say that? I care about you..." Clementine was little shocked. "Really?"

I was quiet for a while, but then I continued. "Look... I have trouble trusting people and it's hard for me to open up to anyone, but I have such... a feeling that I've known you my whole life and that I can trust you..."

Clementine finally raised her head and looked at me. "I feel the same way." We looked at each other in silence for a moment, but then Clementine sighed. "When I was thirteen, my dad, my grandfather and my grandmother were supposed to fly on vacation. I was so excited because I never flew a plane. My dad canceled it a week before we left... I mean, not the whole trip. He had to to be at work, because if he wasn't he would be fired. "

Clementine fell silent for a moment. "So I flew just with my grandma and grandpa... It was amazing until something went wrong. There was a terrible crash and the red light started flashing. Everywhere. The plane started flying down really fast and suddenly... Boom. "

Clementine began to cry again. "Another thing I remember is that I woke up in a wrecked plane. I heard sirens in the distance and when I looked around... They were all dead. Only I survived... Of so many people, only me!" Clementine began to cry even more angrily.

"Just me..." Her voice broke. "Why me? I didn't deserve it... It's my fault..."

I pulled Clementine as close to me as possible and whispered. "It's not your fault... Everything will be fine, believe me."

This happened... We were lying there in hug. I felt a tear on my cheek. I can't imagine what she had to go through. So much pain.

And that's exactly how we both fell asleep again. Together.

~

In the morning I was awakened by the sun's rays shining through a huge window. I opened my eyes and blinked a few times.

Clementine was sleeping next to me and my arms were still around her. I got out of bed slowly and looked at the floor. Everyone else was still asleep, but the door to Louis's bathroom was open and no one was inside.

I quietly decided to go down to the kitchen. I went down the stairs and saw Louis and James in the kitchen cooking something. Louis smiled at me. "Good morning, Vi."

I just smiled back and nodded at him. I sat down on a bar stool and watched them. "I have to go check something." Louis said and ran to another room.

I was playing with my own fingers, and James came and sat down next to me. "I saw you with Clementine." My cheeks blushed terribly fast and I looked at James. "W-What?"

"Clementine hasn't been like this in a long time... I know she looks so happy, but she's been through hell. I just don't want you to hurt her..." James said.

I looked back at my hands. "I am not planning to." James smiled. "Don't say I ever told you that... but I think she quite likes you..."

My cheeks flushed even more, but I ignored James's information. "Try not to break Louis's heart-"

"W-What?!" James cut me off.

I laughed a little at how he blushed. "Louis finally deserves someone..." James smiled and before he could say anything, Louis came back to the kitchen.

~

I helped make breakfast and then we went to wake everyone up. After a few hours, we all left before Louis's parents came home.

(a/n AHHHH WHY I HATE THIS SO MUCH!!! I'll maybe edit this later... We'll see. Ik it really suckssss. There'll be no more mention of this nightmare in next chapters so it's kinda uslesses- but at least we have violentine scene?????? ALSO I AM GOING TO WRITE VIOLENTINE ONESHOTS!!!)
-anna everett