Chapter 1

???'s POV
I've waited for this moment for so long, and now I finally have a miraculous. I'll give the peacock miraculous to someone who'll help me. Before I know it the sky is dark, stars twinkling in the distance. Going to my window I watch for 'superheroes' running across the rooftops. After a few minutes of seeing nothing I pull out my miraculous. A purple light appears, fading to reveal a kwami. "I am Nooroo. I'm here to serve you." He says, bowing. It's time for revenge Ladybug. You won't be able to survive what I have planned.

Marinette's POV
It's been a week since the miraculous were stolen. "What are we going to do?" I mutter to myself, pacing across my room. "Why don't you take a seat and calm down." Luka says from his seat on the couch. Ignoring him I continue to pace, trying to make a plan. I hear a click as he turns the tv on. "People are claiming they've seen a mysterious figure standing on the rooftops of Paris at night. We can only hope that Ladybug and the others will save us if they decide to attack." A reporter says before a commercial starts.

As the sky starts to get dark I grab a jacket and my phone. "I'm going to the Eiffel Tower to get a view of the city, try and find this 'mysterious person'." I tell Luka as my phone chimes. "I'm coming with you. If they're the person that stole the miraculous you'll need backup." Luka says, grabbing his jacket and walking over to me as I check my phone. Lila texted me. After we ran into her the other week she's been really nice, and she's always checking in on me. Sending a quick reply I put my phone away and walk out the door with Luka.

Standing at the top of the Eiffel Tower I look around, trying to spot movement on the rooftops. After a few minutes I spot something. Transforming I jump off the Eiffel Tower, using my yo-yo to swing onto a nearby roof. Running to the spot where I had seen the person I look around. "Dammit, they're gone." I mutter, stopping and looking around some more. Seeing no trace of the person I sit down in defeat. "We're never going to find them. The person or the miraculous." I mumble, pouting.

Luka's POV
As I'm about to tell Mari we should head back I notice something. The moonlight is reflecting off an object on a nearby roof. Looking over there I can barely see the outline of a person holding something. I run in front of Mari just as a gun is fired. The impact of the bullet causes me to stumble. I trip on the edge of the roof and fall. Landing on the pavement my body screams out in pain. I cough, blood dripping out of my mouth. I see a figure approaching me before I pass out.

Alya's POV
I just finished a nice hot shower and I'm on my way to bed. Sliding under my blankets I close my eyes, ready to drift off to sleep. As the darkness of sleep is about to take me my phone rings, snapping my senses awake. Opening my eyes I grab the phone and check who it is. "Hey Mari what's up?" I ask, sleep dragging my eyelids down. "Can you meet me some where ?" She asks, her voice choked with sobs. "Yeah, what happened?" I ask, fully awake. "Luka's in the hospital." She replies, still sobbing.

Marinette's POV
Alya just arrived with Nino. They both take a seat beside me. "Tell us what happened." Alya says, her voice quiet. "We were looking for that person they were talking about on the news. I saw them and went to the spot I had seen them at. But I couldn't find them, so I sat down and tried to clear my head. They were waiting on a different roof with a gun. Luka ran in front of me and got shot. After that he fell off the roof and passed out." I tell her, keeping my voice quiet.

I must have fallen asleep at some point because I woke up, stiff from sleeping in a chair. Standing up I walk over to the coffee machine and get a cup. Taking a sip of coffee I sit back down and continue to wait. Looking over I see Nino and Alya are asleep. "Are you here for Mr. Luka Couffaine?" A nurse asks, getting my attention. I nod my head, my coffee forgotten. "He made it through the surgery and is in stable condition. He's resting but you can see him now." She says, leading me to Luka's room.

Luka's POV
I open my eyes to a blinding light. Blinking away the brightness I look around, trying to figure out where I am. Light is streaming in through a window, landing on a mess of dark blue hair. Marinette is sleeping, her head resting next to me. With a smile I rest my hand on her head, causing her to wake from her slumber. She rubs her eyes, yawning. When she sees me she smiles. "You're awake!" She exclaims, giving me a hug. I gasp as pain courses through my body, reminding me of my injuries.

Marinette's POV
Without thinking I give Luka a hug but immediately regret it when I hear him gasp in pain. "I'm so sorry." I say, letting go. "It's fine." He replies, fighting the pain. I sit back down, not wanting to hurt him again. Gritting his teeth he pushes himself into a sitting position and faces me. "Did you see the person who did this?" He asks, grabbing my hand. I shake my head, my hair falling in front of my face. He leans over and pushes my hair back, pulling my face up to look at him. "We'll find them eventually." He says, giving me a kiss.