Chapter Twenty Four: Revelation

Angel paled as the ninja pulled down his cowl and removed his mask, she opened her mouth but no sound would come out.

Her mind flashed to that brief harmless(or so she had thought,) encounter she had with a young man with a face almost similar to one of her newfound friends.

Flashback

"Promise you won't tell anyone?"

Angel couldn't help it, she laughed, ignoring the young man's slightly wounded look before he joined her. She didn't know why, but for some reason she found him likeable and non-threatening. "Okay, I promise." she replied as their laughter died down. She held out her hand. "Hi, my name is Angel Luna but you can call me Angel. What's yours?"

The young man seemed to hesitate for a moment before taking her hand and shaking it. "Leo." He smiled. "Call me Leo."

End Flashback

It was him, the woman thought. It was actually him.

<We... we used to have an older brother named Leo.> Daniel had told her before. <He was supposed to be our leader and the eldest but he... he died when we were young...>

<I'm sorry. How did it happen?> She had asked.

Dan had winced. <There was an accident. Rain and Leo were playing near the river and...>

Angel shook her head at the memory and focused to the present.

Beside her, Kenny was looking very confused. "Rain? Buddy? Is that you?" He did not lower his baseball bat.

The icy glare he got from the ninja was definitely not Rainier's. "Do I really look like him?" came a cold voice.

Kenny narrowed his eyes. Judging from the voice and the obvious Dark Flame clan insignia on his uniform, that was definitely not his buddy. "Ok, pal. I don't know who you are or what your game here is, but I won't let you hurt Angel here without a fight..."

"No! Ken, wait!" Angel stopped him, and nervously stepped forward. "Leo? Is that you?" A slight nod from the ninja and she covered her mouth in shock. "You... you're one of them...?"

Kenny looked confused. "Leo?" he scratched his head. "Wait, Rain told me he had a missing twin named Leonardo..."

The ninja narrowed his eyes. "Rainier Mizu is not my brother," the ninja curtly cut him off. "My name is Leopard and not, and never had been, Leonardo."

"Why are you here, Leo?" Angel quietly asked.

"My Master has some important business with the owners of that building, Miss Luna." Leopard pointed at the T.C.R.I. building. "I cannot let you and your companion interfere."

***

Back inside the T.C.R.I. facility, C'tan and the other Xeelees were trying to protect the Transmat platform from the Dark Flame Grandmaster and his ninjas, while letting his most of his people escape.

"Captain, we're being out numbered," one of the Xeelee shouted as he fought against Hank hand to hand.

C'tan swore under his breath as he tried to fend off Natsu metal clawed attacks. "Just hold them back!" he shouted back. "Make sure everyone makes it safely through... Ugh!" he grunted as another clawed swipe from the Dark Flame Grandmaster armored gauntlet sent him down. "You won't win, Natsu!" He swore. "You will cause pain to my people over my dead body!"

"That can be arranged." The Dark Flame Grandmaster coldly stated as he moved in for the killing blow.

"Leave him alone!" A voice shouted from nearby as a red handled sai came flying towards Natsu, forcing the latter to move to avoid the weapon hitting his head.