Chapter Fifteen: Planning

Chapter Fifteen:  Planning 

The five of them moved silently in the shadows, the robot guiding them through out the strange alleyways of the city the four of them found themselves in a few hours ago. Finally they came upon an abandoned and broken down dome.

"There it is, my own lab." Professor Hamil began pointing at the structure. "We can stay there for a while."

A high-pitched whine interrupted them, and they leaped forward, hitting the ground and remaining motionless. At the same time, Leopard turned and threw Rainier to the floor, falling next to them as a bolt of light shot through the dark. He winced, but the burn was superficial.

"Damn," he whispered, looking back up. The red light by the entrance was already fading, but it was like a beacon to him and he sent a throwing star through it, breaking glass and tearing wires. "I can see a door there, but there's probably more of them."

"What was that?" Rain asked, looking up.

"Lasers," Hamil replied. "Blanque must have placed them there to avoid people from breaking into the lab."

Rainier smirked and held up a few shurikins. "If I can see them, I can take them out."

"Just a sec." Leopard picked up one of his flash bombs and pulled out the detonator so it wouldn't ignite, then sent the shell rolling down the hall. There was the whine of motion detectors triggering the aiming sights, and then several bolts of light zapped through the shell, leaving it a lump of scorched plastic.

Three shurikins struck their target off before the lights grew dim, and Rainier threw more on the afterimages, nailing two more. "There."

Just to be safe, Leo slid the detonator down the hall, and when nothing fired, they followed him to the door. He listened at the edge for a moment, then watched Hamil crack it open, before giving a cursory glance inside. Empty. Once they were all in, he closed it and sat with his back against it. Beside him, Rainier watched let Mike and Daniel collapse together in a corner before approaching the robot who seemed to be busy tinkering with a few shelves and a few switches. They all blinked as the lights immediately switched on.

"You boys must be hurt after all that fighting," the robot began, passing a box over to Rainier.

"What's this?" The red clad ninja frowned at the box-like package in his hands.

"A couple first aid kits and some painkillers. I noticed that the laser hit one of you earlier. You should have that bleeding checked, young man." he spoke at the young man sitting at the entrance.

Leopard narrowed his eyes and clutched his bleeding shoulder. "None of your business." he curtly replied.

Rain shook his head. "No. He's right. You should have that wound checked, you know. The last thing we need is one of us fighting wounded." He looked hard at his twin, eyeing the wound. "Its looks really bad, Leo. Why don't you take off that shirt so I can take a good look at it?" He added, his tone hinting on frustration.

Leopard glared back for a few seconds before letting out a snort and looked away. He removed his shoulder guards with one hand before unzipping the black Kevlar shirt and peeling off the chain mail shirt underneath.

Rainier leaned close and took a roll of bandages from the first aid kit, gently winding it around the burn. Leo watched for a few seconds, then turned away. He picked out a small rag from a compartment on his leg armor and started cleaning on one of his swords with a faraway look in his blue eyes.

Daniel frowned at them for a few seconds before moving towards the robot. "So, Professor Hamil, maybe you could answer a few questions for us."

***