Chapter 3

The smell of bacon and coffee woke me up. Gosh I'm sore.... Slowly, I got out of bed and made my way into the kitchen. Keigo was just pouring himself a cup of coffee. "Good morning kid, I was just about to come get you. I made bacon and eggs" he smiled at me and pointed to the dining table.

On the table, there were two plates of bacon and eggs. I sat down and he came over and handed me a cup of coffee. Creamer and sugar had already been added. "Thanks Keigo" I gave him a smile before digging into the food.

I glared at him because he was stuffing his mouth. Once he realized I was looking at him he gave me a nervous smile and swallowed the food. He started coughing and I sighed "Sorry, I haven't had anyone around in a long time..."

"Its okay but we talked about this, Keigo, practice this even when no one is here"

He looks up at me with a hint of concern on his face, "How are you feeling, you seemed a bit sluggish walking around"

"Sore..." I sigh

"Yeah, sorry about that but villains aren't gonna go easy on you"

"I know that much. Most villains probably won't think twice about hurting a child"

"Remember Y/N, you aren't a child anymore, you're 18 and will soon be on your own"

I haven't thought about that, even with graduation not so far away. Maybe I should start looking around for houses. If my mother kicks me out before I find a place I know Keigo will let me stay. I'll see if I can stay until I am able to support myself. Which shouldn't be too hard considering I've been working with him for awhile and have some type of spotlight in public. Not to mention all the villains and people that do bad just to be bad.

"Hey kid, don't stress about it too much" he reached towards me and rubbed my hand. I gave him a small smile before continuing to eat. Keigo had been there for me more than anyone else has. I still worry that I might mess up and he'll leave me. Will he really though? Probably....if I royaly mess up and it's hard to come back from then he probably will. Okay time to stop thinking and go back to eating. I'm sure everything will be alright.

We finish eating and start getting ready for the day. Both of us take showers and get into our Hero costumes. We meet outside and head off to the agency. Keigo gives me a run down on how our day is gonna go during the flight there.

"We're starting off with a patrol today. Then, heading back to the agency for some paper work. We will then discuss a new case that we will be working on during your work study with a few other pro's"

"For patrol, should we go separate? We'll be able to cover more ground that way and we have the ear pieces so be able to contact each other, just in case something happens"

"Yeah, it wouldn't hurt to separate. So we'll circle around and meet back up at the agency," he smiled before heading off in one direction and I went the other way.

I land on a sidewalk near an alleyway and stretch. It's a nice day today. Not too hot with a slight breeze. Clouds scattering the sky. As I start walking through the alley I hear a noise ahead of me. Cautiously, I walk forward and equip two large feathers. The noise gets louder and the closer I got the more I was able to recognize it, mewling kittens.

There was an open box and I took a look inside, putting the feathers away. A mother and her kittens. Should I take them? I need to carry on with the patrol... Using the ear piece I contacted Keigo "Hey Hawks, I found a box with kittens and their mother, what should I do?"